34

I closed my eyes focusing on my breathing and trying to shut off any human emotion that I had felt I didn't need to look weak in front of my dad

I closed my eyes focusing on my breathing and trying to shut off any human emotion that I had felt I didn't need to look weak in front of my dad. I still needed some control in my life to stop him from just charging in and taking over again. I took a few deep breaths flipping that switch and I opened my eyes just as his side of the car door opened and he got in.

Within seconds we were halfway down the driveway the world around me just blurring into one as we raced up the country roads of OB X. "This will be good for you this trip it will help clear your mind and I'm sure we can defer your internship for a while and we can try and move it into the capital, I think getting out of OBX would be good for us we can get a fresh start" my dad's happy voice cheering away as I could not look at him as the amount of words flooding through my mind wasn't making sentences form like they should.

And then I thought about my mother and how much she made us promise to maintain our father daughter relationship we had and how we promised her we would be happy. "Why didn't you tell me that this was happening I would have just come willingly" I whispered turning towards him watching his face drop slightly but he held out a hand and took mine.

"Izzy I was embarrassed to tell you I want to be that important and powerful father figure in your life, and I want there to be a business for you that you can take over with and I couldn't fix the problem we were in while trying to grieve my wife every time I looked at you. And I know that is a horrible and selfish thing a father can do to their own child but I love you and I promise you now I will make every last painful second up to you" he said mercifully and I could see the tears gathering in his eyes as he mentioned to my mother and I could almost see him picturing her sat with us now smiling laughing and holding his hand as he drove.

But all I could think about right now was Rafe and how angry and disappointed and upset I am about him. "Why did Rafe do it so willingly?" I whispered and my dad's eyes softened as he squeezed my hand tightly. "He has known about the gold for a long time, and he just wants to help his dad with the business and get us out of this hole I'm sorry that he hurt you Izzy I really am" he said and that's when everything again fell back into place.

It was all about what I was doing, and he would always watch me when I was with them he must have been watching it to see if I had any information about the gold and when he knew I didn't, he started to isolate me from them. I noticed taking in the view of where we had now stopped.

We were in front of the Camerons private jet on a private airstrip. As my father took off my seat belt and I stayed per as he quickly ran round to my side opening the door and helping me out making sure not to let go of me. And it was if someone who was sat in my mind calculating when to push certain memories, I'm in front of my eyes.

If Ward killed John B's father that means my dad knew and that means he was a part of it. I froze under his touch and gasped knowing my father was an accomplice to a murder and murder that impacted my friend, taking his father from him.