5

Arriving at the beach the sun was at its highest beating down on our skins as we walked across the sand to the boys where they'd set up shop

Arriving at the beach the sun was at its highest beating down on our skins as we walked across the sand to the boys where they'd set up shop. "Well well well if it isn't the pacemaker, the beautiful the talented miss Castillo" John B smiled as I ran towards the group, dumping my bags in the sand wrapping my arms around his neck as spun me around. I took in the light smell of alcohol from him and smiled before he let go of me.

John B was my first ever friend growing up. His dad and mine seemed to have an odd relationship that lasted until a few months before his dad disappeared. However, my relationship with him stayed the same. He was like an older brother to me even though I was older. We've both been through some tough times recently and we always seem to gravitate towards each other in times of need. "You actually came off Figure 8 for once?" Pope cheered as he also gave me a side hug.

I playful jabbed his side. "I've been a busy girl" I hummed catching eyes with JJ. "What reading your books? Your pornographic highly explicit books?" JJ teased making me roll my eyes and swat his hands away as he tried to hug me. The group burst out into laughter as I failed and he bear hugged me.

"Nothing wrong with imagining about what my sex life could be like" I wiggle my brows at Kie making her double over holding her stomach with laughter as the boys groaned. "Jesus Iz, was Noel that bad?" John B smirked, handing me a towel. "Yes, he was" I sighed laying the towel out as the other copied.

"You coming out surfing or is that going to mess with your tanning schedule" JJ smirked as the others chuckled. They commonly thought of me as a Princess which I slightly am. But they always loved that there was one diva in the group. "Unfortunately, yes I didn't schedule in for a surfing session however I'll watch you from here and cheer you on" I giggle as the rest of them collect their boards. "I will teach you to surf one day" Kie smiled down to me as I pulled my tanning oil and book from the bag and set myself up on my towel.

"I know but today won't be that day" I smirked making the rest of them laugh. I watched them all take off to the water crashing into the waves. I remove my shorts and top and started to oil myself up. A few hours had passed, and I'd got a good decent way through my book enjoying all the spicy scenes that came up.

But when I imagined the character and his face I normally had a picture of him of what he'd looked like in my mind however today that picture was replaced with someone else and no matter how hard I tried to not think about him or not even imagine his face, he kept coming back. Growing frustrated, I slapped the book shut and dove into my bag for some water. Noting a group further down the beach playing football I looked back to my friends and wondered where they were.

Watching as they emerged from the water laughing and joking with one another these were the days that I did miss the most. But now that summer has started, I promised myself that I would make more of an effort with the pogues. "Izzy please put some sun cream on I'm worried you'll go all wrinkly when you're older" Pope said handing me his factor 50 sun cream.