37

I've never asked a lot from people, and I have never expected anything back

I've never asked a lot from people, and I have never expected anything back. But the one thing that I've always wanted in my life was to create a family so they would be nothing like mine. When we were younger me and Rafe commonly spoke about this. We said always make sure that if we had kids when we were older that we would be nothing like our fathers.

Never did I think that I would imagine a life with him. When everything went sour between us when we were 13 I thought he was the biggest arsehole in the world but it turns out I was just angry because younger me only ever spoke about things like that with Rafe. And I didn't feel comfortable about speaking it with anyone else. I have come to realize that he was the only person that I felt entirely comfortable with knowing these things about me and in reality I just wanted it to be him.

We weren't successful in getting Sarah out of Tannehill and being that close knowing Rafe was in that house wasn't great for my heart. So, we all found refuge at Kie's family diner. The boys helped me into the building and up onto the counter and held me down as Kie tried to remove as much dirt from my open cuts. It hurt like hell, and I felt like I was gonna pass out multiple times, but I would rather that than have an infection. She managed to find me some spare clothes and I tried as hard as I could to wash off the blood from around my body in the sink, but it stained my skin and I was growing tired.

I managed to make a makeshift bed and fall asleep until the early hours of the morning and when the sun rose, I was awake thinking about him. I was wondering what he was doing and if he was going out of his mind or if he was sitting there not caring. But from the look in his eyes on the airfield I didn't know how to feel. I didn't know if he was still continuing to lie, or if it was real.

"We need to form a plan to get john b out of here" Pope's voice rang out across the diner I sat up slowly trying not to whimper at the pain. Being out of breath by the time I fully sat up I looked in his direction. "How will we get him out of here any link to the mainland is swarmed with police" I said looking out into the further distance of the marsh, noticing a storm brewing and I prayed to God it wasn't heading our way.

"JJ did your dad still have that boat maybe he can use that and get out of here?" Pope asked gaining the attention of JJ. "Yeah, I think he does I just need to find the keys for it" he mumbled. He was looking out at the Marsh too. Between the three of them they managed to form a plan and I just sat and listened. I felt myself dipping in and out of the conversation a lot, struggling to keep my mind completely focused on one thing.

My world glitch had really been torn apart and I had no one stable to run to and ask for help. And then my mind fell to some solutions that could probably help us get out of this mess. "Guys what about if I just go to the cops.I go and show up and tell them everything that has happened they could believe me" I said try and push myself to the one foot that was stable enough to keep my body upright.

Noticing my struggle kie gave me a helping hand. "No Izzy your dad will see you and he'll take you they will call you insane because of the trauma you've just been through" She said helping me sit on the bar stool propping my leg up on the other one I hissed at the contact but she knew I wasn't hissing at her. "But-"I tried to argue but JJ come over. "No Izzy I said we're gonna look after you and we will, don't worry you just need to focus on getting better you aren't going back to them right guys?" He questioned, looking around the group and they both nodded in response.