Chapter seven

A/N: ⚠️ brief mentions of murder and rape.

Rosalie stared at her lover as she laughed.

It had been an hour since Rosalie had brought the girl to her room.

At first she was prepared to let her mate meet her family and then sit down to tell them her true story, the story of how she'd met and fell in love with a beautiful daughter of a high classed French engineer, one who helped invent the car she loved so much to drive around.

No one ever realized how much Rosalie's car meant to her, they all just knew that she loved it and she worked on it all the time.

She kept it in shape and she painted it a cherry red.

The reason she loved the car so much is because of Josie.

Josie helped her father a lot after school in his workshop.

Always coming up with the most bizarre ideas for a new version of a car.

Back then, these designs would have never worked, no one was smart enough, or talented enough to make them. No one had the right equipment either.

Rosalie was always in awe of just how smart her Josie was.

She'd listen to Josie ramble for hours on end about the cars she wanted to help her father make.

Josie was well ahead of her time. Her intellect was something strongly desired, but back in those times that they grew up in, a woman was only seen as nothing more than a housewife who'd look after the children, who'd be arm candy for their husband, and who would be used for their husbands to show off how lucky they were.

Josie was one of the lucky ones.

Her father married for love, he didn't come from a well off family, he worked for every penny they had, Josie was not some stuck up rich daddy's girl.

She wasn't afraid to get her hands dirty.

Maybe that's what attracted Rosalie to her in the first place.

Rosalie remembered the first time they had met.

Her father had taken their car to the Dupont's auto shop since something was wrong with the engine.

Rosalie remembered going with her father to the shop and being in shock to see a girl her age under one of the cars.

Wearing overalls with a smeared oil stain on her cheek.

The girl had smiled up at Rosalie and she felt as if her heart would explode out of her chest with how fast it was beating.

She didn't hear what her father was talking about to the man who'd looked a lot like the girl, almost herale copy.

But she did remember the girl's name.

Josephine.

It was such a lovely name, one meant for how beautiful the girl was.

She seemed like an angel, at least to Rosalie.

Rosalie remembered the calloused hand meeting her smooth dainty one.

How right it felt to hold her hand.

Rosalie remembered how after she became a vampire that she took an interest in cars.

It was the only connection she had left of her dearest Josie.

It was around the 80's when Josephine's father invented Josie's dream car.

It was his last invention before he died of old age.

Rosalie was one of the first buyers, her family didn't know why she had to have the car at the time, but seeing one of the rare genuine smiles on her face made all the money she spent on the car worth every penny.