50

[ CULLEN HOUSE ]

"Aro will want us incapacitated before he attacks. Jane and Alec will try and take me out first because I can anticipate their moves." Edward said, already predicting how the Volturi will move.

"Too bad we don't all have your shield." Garrett said with a sigh.

"Doesn't help me fight, though." Bella said with a sigh.

"No, but you could help the rest of us, if you could project it." Tanya told the girl.

"What do you mean?" Bella asked confused.

"I mean, shield someone other than yourself." Tanya said.

"Is that possible?" Bella asked in wonder. Hoping her gift could come in handy if she could project it.

"Gifts can be developed. Over time." Carlisle said.

"At first, mine was just in my palms. Now I can radiate it all over my body." Kate told the girl.

"How do you do it?" Bella asked, her tone a little bit demanding.

(Bella takes Kate's hand, a little too hard)

"Tell me." Bella demanded.

"Ow." Kate said, surprised by the strength the newborn held.

(Kate and the other vampires try to help Bella develop her power.)

"You need to visualize it. See how it moves. What color it is. Now picture it expanding. Will it to go beyond you." Kate said. Trying to coach her.

(Bella tries but only manages to bring up her shield for moment)

"I think she needs something to motivate her." Kate said.

(Edward steps forward)

"No." Bella immediately denies. Not wanting Edward to get hurt, especially if she can't project her shield.

"It's all right, I can take it." Edward reassured his mate.

"He says that now." Garrett said, remembering how powerful Kate's ability felt like on his body, and he was pretty sure that she wasn't using her full ability against him.

"Besides, putting pressure on yourself to protect someone is a very common way for abilities to flourish. I remember when we were fighting the newborns and Rose was in danger that I fought better with both my compulsion and fire working in tandem." Josie admitted.

"It's true. She fights her best when the people she loves are in danger, she's always been that way." Rosalie said, a lovestruck smile on her face as Josie twirls her and holds her close.

Those in the field smile at the pair, so in love with each other that sometimes they forget everything else that's around them.

"Focus, Bella, or he's gonna be hurting." Emmett said with a smirk on his face.

(Edward puts his hand up ready to touch Kate's hand)

"Edward, I'm not ready to do this yet." Bella warns him.

(Kate touches Edward's hand, sending a painful electric shock through him)

"I'm sorry. I said that I wasn't ready." Bella reiterated to him.

Josie holds a snickering Rosalie to her chest and burries her head in Rose's neck to hide her own chuckles.

Gods this was hilarious to the duo.

"This is karma for all the Edward/Bella drama we've had in the last two and a half years." Rosalie told her mate quietly. But everyone heard it, and whilst a few chuckled themselves, said couple glared at Rosalie and Josie. Not finding it funny.