44

(As the Cullen's phone rings)

"Is that Charlie?" Bella asked curiously.

"He's been calling twice a day." Edward told the newborn.

"He's in pretty rough shape." Jacob told her.

"Though the birth of the twins have helped him a bit. He got to see them Yesterday." Caroline told Bella.

"Eventually, we'll have to tell him you didn't make it." Carlisle said gently.

"He needs to mourn, Bella." Edward told his wife.

(Jacob nods his head in agreement)

"Okay. We'll do it tomorrow." Bella said sadly.

"I'm gonna miss this place." Emmett said upset.

Caroline took his big hand in her smaller one. "It's okay Em." Caroline said. Trying to comfort her mate.

"We'll come back. We always do." Carlisle told the coven.

"Wait. Nobody said anything about leaving." Jacob said very confused by the turn of events.

Leah and Seth looked at their alpha with raised eyebrows. Did Edward not tell him that as soon as Bella was dead that they'd need to leave?

I mean, Josie and Rosalie told them. Mostly so they could prepare Sue for their eminent leaving.

They'd follow their imprints and new family anywhere.

"Once people believe Bella's dead, we can't risk anyone seeing her." Carlisle told the alpha wolf gently.

"So you just disappear?" Jacob asked angrily.

"Jacob, we don't have another choice." Edward told the wolf.

(Upset at the prospect of losing Renesmee, Jacob goes to see Charlie)

"Hey. You heard anything?" Charlie asked, knowing that Bella would have contacted him since Jake was her friend.

He hasn't heard much on her condition or health since her last phone call nearly a week and a half ago.

His only solace was his grandchildren's birth two days ago.

Lizzie and JoJo were bright rays of light in the vast darkness of his life right now. A much needed comfort.

"Charlie, Bella is... Uh..." Jacob trails off, not sure how to phrase what he needed to say to Charlie.

(Thinking that he means' Bella's dead)

"No, she's not." Charlie immediately denied. Not wanting it to be true. His worst nightmare has come to life.

"No, no, no, I mean, she's fine. She's back home and she's feeling better." Jacob said reassuring him.

(Charlie looks relieved)

"Why didn't you say so? That's great." Charlie said with a happy smile.

(Charlie starts walking off)

"Wait. There's something you need to see first." Jacob said hesitantly.

What he was about to do... It was something that goes against everything that not only the pack, but also the Cullen coven stand for.

He was going to show a human the supernatural world.

"I need to see Bella." Charlie said, not wanting to wait any longer to see his eldest daughter who had been sick and he was afraid wouldn't make it.

"Look, in order for Bella to get better, she had to change." Jacob said hesitantly. Not knowing how he was going to go about what he was about to say.

It was hard going against everything that he was taught, never show the humans besides your imprint who you are. A rule that the elders had enforced since they became wolves.