37

Josie smiled as she saw her next ultrasound.

Her twins were growing steadily, they seemed completely healthy, and she was happy about that.

It had been a few days since Hope's party and Rosalie along with all the other female Cullen's have been redoing the nursery for the twins and Hope.

Going with a galaxy themed room with a family of wolves howling at the full moon, representing their little family of course.

...

(Emily's House)

"Maybe they'll say she was in a car crash. Or tripped and fell off a cliff." Jacob said.

"Keep it in play! Keep it in play! Come on! Come on! Come on!" Paul shouted as the boys played soccer.

"At least I'll get one thing out of it." Jacob said, just imagining tearing Edward's head off.

"No, you won't. Cullens are not a danger to the town or the tribe." Sam told Jacob, done with his shit.

"Well, he's either gonna kill her or change her. And the treaty says..." Jacob rambled, before getting cut off.

"I say, Jacob. I say." Sam said seriously.

"You know, if you wanted things different, you should've become alpha." Embry told Jacob.

"Turning it down seemed like a good idea at the time." Jacob said honestly.

"Jake, you really think you could kill Bella if she comes back as a vampire?" Seth asked curiously. Knowing he probably wouldn't be able to do it.

"No, make one of us do it, then hold a grudge against us." Leah retorted.

"Shut up, Leah." Jacob said, sending her a glare. He hated that she was kinda right on the money.

"Would you just get over it? It's not like you've imprinted on her." Leah reminded her pack brother, honestly annoyed with his fixation for the girl. She's chosen her man, why was Jacob just torturing himself over someone who didn't want him?

(They look over at the werewolves who have imprinted on their soulmates.)

"At least they seem happy." Seth said optimistically.

"Yeah, some people are just lucky, I guess." Embry said sadly.

"Lucky? None of them belong to themselves anymore. And the sickest part is their genes tell them they're happy about it." Jacob said disgusted.

"Least if you imprinted on someone, you'd finally forget about Bella. I mean, being any kind of happy is better than being miserable about someone you can't have." Leah told him.

"Shut up Leah!" Jacob growled at her.

Leah's face pulled back into a snarl.

She went to throttle him when Sam turned towards them once again.

"Cool off Leah." Sam ordered.

"I'm going to Jo's." Leah muttered angrily as she shifted and dashed off.

"They've been hanging out there quite a lot lately." Embry said as he watched Seth perl up at Josie's name and follow his sister in wolf form.

...

(Edward and Bell arrive home.)

"Bella, these are our housekeepers, Gustavo and Kaure." Edward introduced.

(Speaking Portuguese)

"This is my wife Bella. Excuse me. Well, I guess we just leave them to it." Edward said.