49

After the whole, Tanya is mated to a two year old and the firstborn daughter of Rosalie and Josie fiasco happened, Rosalie had threatened Tanya, who she normally gets on with very well, within an inch of her life if she ever hurt her daughter.

Leah and Seth were shivering in the background, remembering their own don't hurt my daughter or I'll rip you apart slowly and dance on your graves talk.

It was not very pleasant and they had a lot of sympathy for Tanya at that moment.

But, life goes on and now that they'd found out that Bella was a shield, they were trying to see if they could train it to work like a projectile shield.

(Jacob is teaching some young Quileutes how to control themselves when they turn into wolves.)

"Now, you guys can do some serious damage. Which is why you'll need to control your phasing. If your mom pisses you off, you don't want to tear her head off." Jacob jokes with a smirk.

(Suddenly Jacob stops as he hears something in the woods)

"Whoever's coming wasn't invited." Jacob states with furrowed brows and an angry scowl on his face.

(Jacob turns into a wolf and runs into the forest with the young wolves following him, they catch up and chase after two vampires who jump up some trees and then jump down and sit on some rocks mocking the wolves when Carlisle and the other vampires find them, Josie growls at them as soon as she sees uninvited guest on her territory.)

"Vladimir, Stefan, you're a long way from home." Carlisle said calmly, trying to deescalate the situation from turning into a fight. Sensing that the wolves and even Josie were ready to kill them at a moment's notice.

"What are they doing here?" Kate asked.

"We heard the Volturi were moving against you. But that you would not stand alone." Vladimir said with his Romanian accent thick in his voice.

"We didn't do what we were accused of." Carlisle stated.

"We do not care what you did, Carlisle." Vladimir said.

"We have been waiting a millennium for the Italian scum to be challenged." Stefan said from beside his friend.

"It's not our plan to fight the Volturi." Carlisle warned them.

"Shame. Aro's witnesses will be so disappointed." Vladimir said.

"They enjoy a good fight." Stefan agreed with his friend.

"Aro's witnesses?" Eleazar asked.

"Aww. Still hoping they'll listen?" Vladimir asked.

...

"When Aro wants someone from a coven it's never long before evidence turns up proving that the coven committed some crime." Eleazar said.

"So he's done this before?" Bella asked from her spot beside Edward in the living room of the Cullen house.

"It happens so rarely, I never realized it was a pattern." Eleazar said. Thinking back to all the times it has happened and now seeing the clear pattern.

"Apparently he always pardons one person whose thoughts he claims are repentant." Carlisle spoke up from his spot.

"This person always has an ability. And they're always given a place with the Guard." Eleazar said.

"So, basically he just blackmails them into joining the guard? Does he make sure the whole coven is killed and then save the lucky one so that they'd feel indebted to him?" Josie asked putting her theory out there.

"That would make a lot of sense." Tanya said from her spot on the couch holding baby Hope in her lap. Not feeling comfortable with her mate or her siblings being around so many human drinkers.

"This is all about Alice and Josie. He has no one like them." Edward said.

"Which is why she left, and why she warned Josie." Bella said in realization.

"Why does he need witnesses?" Emmett asked. Confused about the whole concept.

"To spread the word that justice has been served. After he slaughters an entire coven." Alistair voices for the first time.

"Benjamin, Tia, we're leaving." Amun demanded. Not wanting to be here anymore. Not liking the potential danger they'd be in.

"And where will you go? What makes you think they'll be satisfied with Alice? Or Josie? What's to stop them from going after Benjamin next? Or Zafrina or Kate or anyone else with a gift? Anyone they want. Their goal isn't punishment, it's power. It's acquisition. Carlisle might not ask you to fight, but I will. For the sake of my family. But also for yours. And for the way you want to live." Edward said, pleading with all of those in the room to stand up, and fight for what they believe in. To stop this trend Aro has.

(There's a moment of silence as the vampires look at each other, then Jacob stands)

"The packs will fight. We've never been afraid of vampires." Jacob said from his spot next to Seth and Leah, each who held their own imprint to their chests. They rumbled in agreement.

(The Denali coven members stand)

"We will fight." Tanya declared.

"Besides, we have something to fight for." Tanya said as she gazed lovingly down at how own mate in her arms.

"This won't be the first time I fought a king's rule." Garrett said with a smirk from his place beside Kate.

"We'll join you." Benjamin said.

"No." Amun said as he stared his son down.

"I will do the right thing, Amun. You may do as you please." Benjamin said back to his coven father.

"We will stand with you." Senna said from the Amazons.

"So will we." Siobhan said from the Irish coven.

(The other vampires start to step forward, each agreeing to risk their lives, not only for the children, but also to stop the dictatorship.)

"That didn't take much." Vladimir said with a smirk on his face, pleased not only with himself, but also with the turn out. They may just have a chance to beat the Volturi. Getting their revenge for when the Volturi slaughtered their mates and their whole coven.

"Let's hope it doesn't come to that." Edward said.

"We'll see." Alistair said as he left to go back upstairs and hide away once again.

Bella (V.O.): Everyone showed courage. Though we knew that Aro's army was moving against us. Soon we would face the dark gifts of Jane. And worse, the paralyzing vapor of her brother Alec who could rob you of sight, sound and touch.

(In London, we see Jane and Alec chase down a Japanese vampire, Toshiro, they corner him and Alec releases his vapor, nearly killing him when Aro, Caius and Marcus arrive)

"Alec?" Aro said, giving a silent command.

(Alec takes back his power, releasing Toshiro from his vapor, Aro moves closer to Toshiro)

"I will never go against you." Toshiro promised.

"Of course not, my dear Toshiro." Aro said, placating him.

(Aro indicates that Toshiro gives him his hand, when he takes his hand Aro reads his mind)

"It seems Carlisle is still expecting you." Aro said.

(Aro and the others turn and start walking off, leaving Alec and Jane to deal with Toshiro)

"Carlisle is all but ensuring his own destruction." Caius said to his brothers.

"Sad, isn't it?" Aro replied.