Chapter 24

Time seemed to fly by really fast as the female couple settled back down in Forks.

What with all the doctor's visits to Port Angeles, the ultrasounds, and the normal health check ups, life was pretty hectic.

They went shopping for all the needed materials such as a crib, a diaper changing station, diapers and wipes, bottles, formula for in case the baby didn't want to breast feed, more clothes, binkis, toys, blankets.

All the fun stuff a first time parent would need.

And since Rosalie would never get tired of holding her, they didn't really need a stroller, but they got one, along with a care seat for the car for if they wanted to go somewhere.

...

They were closing in on their last two months of pregnancy.

The morning sickness has gone away after the second trimester, thank the gods.

Josie really hated the second trimester.

The third trimester was more peaceful, besides the lack of sleep because she couldn't find a comfortable position, the constant weird cravings, the ever changing hormones induced emotions, and of course the kicking and constant need for a bathroom.

It was just lovely.

It was around mid to late March when the unexpected happened.

It was March the 19th when Josie got up to get a bag of blood from the mini fridge Rosalie kept in their room.

She'd gotten it to store snacks or blood since Josie couldn't move much up and down the stairs without pain.

Josie had gotten to the fridge and was starting to bend down when a wet noise filled the room.

Josie frowned wondering if she'd peed herself, when she saw a clear liquid dribble down her leg.

"Rosalie?" Josie had called down the stairs, sorry in her voice.

Rosalie, able to pick up the emotion in her wife's voice, quickly sped up the stairs.

"What's wrong ma chéri?" Rosalie asked.

Worried for her pregnant wife.

"I think my water just broke." Josie said calmly.

Rosalie's eyes widened.

Genuine fear and excitement baffled within her eyes as she quickly gathered up the go bag, the baby bag, and the toiletries bag, speeding down to the car and loading everything up, before she sped back up the stairs and gently picked up Josie, dragging her to the bathroom and helping her change into dry clothes, before getting her into the car.

...

On their way to the Port Angeles hospital, Josie called both Charlie and Bella.

Both were excited to meet the newest Swan.

They dropped what they were doing, which Bella was going to hang out at the pack house, finally done with Jacob's attitude, she went to confront him, she had matched over towards Jacob's house and demanded to see him.

But the boy was asleep.

Then she saw Sam Uley and his supposed cult coming towards the house.

Bella just became so mad. Jacob had been scared of them beforehand a few months ago, and then suddenly he was defending Sam, getting his hair cut off, and getting a tattoo as well.

So she confronted the man.

Bella will admit, she was a little forceful and rude with her words.

She did regret punching Paul when he laughed at her. But that also led to her discovery of the wolves that Jacob and his tribe members shifted into.