Chapter 21

Josie sighed as she finished packing her last bag.

This was it.

Her and Rosalie were going to spend a bit of time away from their families, traveling the world together.

They'd had enough drama in the last few months to garner the vacation.

Plus, this trip will solidify their mate bond permanently.

She carries her two suitcases down the stairs finding her father and twin sister by the door.

They were going to see her and Rosalie off.

Of course Bella was a bit upset that her sister wouldn't be back till her graduation and would miss the last year of her schooling, but Josie deserves this.

After the whole James situation, she deserved a break.

Plus, her and Rosalie deserve some alone time.

...

Rosalie was happy.

She would get to spend a whole year with her mate alone.

Traveling the world, learning new cultures and more about each other.

Rosalie was the happiest she'd ever been as she loaded her final bag into her cherry red convertible.

Her family comes outside to see her off.

"Bye Rosalie." Emmett said, he was upset he wouldn't see his best friend for a whole year, but happy for her.

"Bye guys." Rosalie said with a sad smile.

Everyone gathers the blond in a big family group hug.

"We'll miss you dear." Esme said.

"Call us at least once a week so that we know you're okay." Carlisle said.

"I'll make sure to check in on you once a month just to make sure you're okay." Alice said with a smile.

"Bye Rose." Caroline and Jasper said.

"Well, I'll be off. I still got to pick up Josie." Rosalie said.

"I'll come with you, I want to see Bella as well." Edward said.

Rosalie didn't even argue with that as she got into the driver's seat and drove off waving her hand towards her siblings and parents knowing they'd be able to see it.

"Are you excited?" Edward asked.

"I am. It's been awhile since it was just Josie and I." Rosalie answered.

The last time it was just them was back in 1932 when they took a small trip to Chicago for some small part of another that Blaise needed for a repair.

Sooner than later they were at the Swan home.

Both vampire siblings got out and walked up towards the door, knocking.

Charlie answered the door.

He smiled at Rosalie before glowering at Edward.

Rosalie had to hide her snort, but by the look Edward gave her, she didn't hide it very well.

She was so smug that Charlie preferred her over Edward.

Since it was the opposite with Carlisle.

"Hi Chief. Swan, I was wondering if Josie was ready to go." Rosalie asked politely.

"How many times do I have to tell you to call me Charlie Rosalie?" Charlie asked.

Rosalie chuckled. " At least once more Chief Swan." Rosalie said with a smile.