47

Bella (V.O.): Alice's instructions were clear, but the question remained. Why would she and Jasper leave at the moment we needed them most? What did they know? Our search for witnesses began with a trip north to our closest relatives.

...

Meanwhile Josie was looking at the pictures that Alice and Jasper were in with her kids.

She saw the picture of Jasper holding the twins for the first time, smiling because he was just asked to be the godfather to them.

Josie grabbed that picture frame and opened it.

A note dropped out of it.

Josie picked it up and sat down on the bed.

"Dear Josie,

I couldn't tell anyone else what I was doing, or where Jasper and I were heading. But I can tell you.

You'd be protected from all mental gifts since you were reborn by Fate.

I don't know too much about Bella's ability, or if she could just have protection against mind reading, so I didn't tell her, but I gave her a hint.

I had a vision last night, of something that could help Renesmee's case against the Volturi.

Someone similar to her popped up into my visions.

I believe he is also a hybrid. If I'm right, we could all be saved.

But I need you to do something.

Hide the girls.

Keep them with the other imprints like last time.

Aro must never know of them.

They are to be kept hidden. They're too powerful and Aro would try to steal them if he found out about them.

I'm leaving you to protect the family.

You are the most powerful being in our coven. I believe you to be capable of great things.

I will try and be back on the day of the battle, but I might need you to distract them somehow to create more time for us to get there.

Keep a battle from transpiring.

I will try to have more visions, but if you don't tell anyone about this note, the chance of survival is 80%.

If all goes to Hell, torch everyone you can, mind wipe them, do whatever needs to be done to keep our family safe.

I know I have placed a lot of pressure on you, but you are the only one who can accomplish this.

Love,

Alice."

Josie blinked as she reread the letter.

There was a way that they could be saved without a battle.

Though she knew that there was still a 20% chance that a battle could break out, at least according to Alice.

So she needed to be very careful with this information.

She wouldn't even be able to tell Rosalie.

She told Rosalie everything. She was a terrible liar when it came to Rosalie.

Oh, this was going to be way harder than Josie originally thought it was.

She had no idea if she could pull it off.

But then she thought of everything she had to fight for.

She had her beautiful mate Rosalie.

She had three wonderful daughters in Hope, JoJo, and Lizzie.