CHAPTER 2 -Kame Island-

Third person POV

Shocked by the sudden disappearance of Rin's doppelganger, Gon's bewilderment morphed into a determined quest to find her. His amber eyes darted through the dispersing crowd, searching for any trace of her distinctive presence.

'She has to be Rin! There's no other way to explain it!'

Gon attempted to trace her scent through the air. Yet, to his growing astonishment, her scent seemed to have dissipated, leaving him with no tangible lead.

'Her scent stops here? Did she disappear or...?'

The once-familiar fragrance that lingered during their arm wrestling match now eluded him, as if she had become an ephemeral presence, slipping through the cracks of reality. Undeterred, Gon continued to navigate through the crowd, his determination fueling each step. Suddenly, a familiar voice called out his name.

"Gon!"

The sun cast a warm glow on the approaching silhouette, and as he drew closer, the features became clearer. It was Killua.

Killua approached with a casual swagger, his hand nonchalantly tucked into his pockets. His sapphire blue eyes lit up as they met Gon, and a familiar grin played on his lips while his unruly silver hair danced in the sea breeze. His once-boyish features had matured into those of a handsome young man. 

"Gon!" he called out. He closed the distance with a few quick strides. 

"Hey, it's been ages! I can't believe we finally managed to meet up." Killua's  pulled Gon into a heartfelt hug.

"It's good to see you, Gon," Killua said, patting Gon on the back as they pulled away from the embrace.

"Killua..."

The jovial atmosphere of the greeting was quickly overshadowed by the realization that something was amiss. Killua, attuned to the subtle shifts in Gon's demeanor, could sense the something was amiss.

"What's going on? You seem a bit... off. You looked like you've seen a ghost." Killua studied Gon's expression, a shadow of concern flickered in his eyes.

Gon took a deep breath before broaching the subject. "Killua... I think I just saw Rin."

"Huh?"

Killua regarded Gon with a skeptical furrow in his brow. The name Rin echoed with a quiet reverence, a memory etched into the fabric of their shared past.

"Gon, we've talked about this before. You promised you wouldn't bring this up again." Killua said with a sigh as he raked his hair to the back of his head.

"Killua, I swear, it's real this time! I saw her. The girl at the arm wrestling match looked exactly like Rin!"

Gon, undeterred but acutely aware of the incredulity in Killua's gaze, pressed on. "I know it sounds crazy, but I swear, it was like seeing a ghost. The same smile, the same eyes, the same scent!"

"Gon."

"I'm not making this up. It's like she was standing right there in front of me. We even had an arm wrestling match! Her strength was even the same!"

"Gon."

"I felt her presence. It was like a punch in the gut. You've got to believe me!"

"Gon."

"Killua, Rin is still alive--!"

"Gon, that's enough!" Killua snapped.

The abrupt outburst left Gon surprised, his eyes widening at the sudden shift in Killua's tone. Seeing the look on Gon's face, Killua softened, his anger dissipating into a heavy sigh.