CHAPTER 27 - Devil's Sea-

Third Person POV

As Gon and Ringo exchanged awkward glances, the weight of the unspoken tension hung heavy in the air between them. Each struggled to find the right words to break the uneasy silence that had settled over the room, their minds racing with thoughts of the intimate moment they shared the night before.

Ringo's cheeks flushed with embarrassment as she recalled the events of the previous night, the memory of her drunken antics, and the subsequent mess she had caused sending a wave of heat rushing to her face. Beside her, Gon shifted uncomfortably, his own embarrassment evident in the way he avoided her gaze.

"Um... Rin, last night was..." Gon began, his voice trailing off as he searched for the right words to express the complexity of their shared experience.

"Yeah, it was..." Ringo replied, her voice equally uncertain as she struggled to articulate the swirling emotions that churned within her.

The silence that followed was deafening, each word left unspoken hanging heavy in the air between them. It was as if they were both tiptoeing around the elephant in the room, unwilling to acknowledge the intimacy that had passed between them.

Finally, Gon cleared his throat, breaking the awkward silence that had settled over them like a suffocating blanket.

"I, uh... I hope you're feeling okay," he said, his voice tinged with genuine concern.

Ringo nodded, a small smile tugging at the corners of her lips as she met Gon's gaze. "Yeah, I'm fine. Nothing to worry about."

Killua's brow furrowed as he observed the strained interaction between Gon and Ringo.

"Hey, did something happen last night" he asked. "You guys are acting weird."

"Oh, something 'definitely' happened last night," Tress interjected, a playful smirk dancing on her lips as she took a swig of her beer.

"Tress! I told you it was a misunderstanding!" Gon's cheeks flushed pink with embarrassment, while Ringo let out a nervous laugh, her gaze darting between Tress and Killua.

It was clear that whatever had happened the night before was a source of amusement for Tress as the girl kept laughing off her butt.

Gon, eager to steer the conversation away from the awkwardness of the moment, seized upon the opportunity to change the topic.

"Hey, Killua," he began, "how's the preparation for our trip to the Devil's Sea?"

"It's all set," he replied, "I managed to secure us a private ship. It should arrive in two days, and we can head out shortly after that."

Gon's face broke into a wide smile at the news, his anticipation for the journey growing with each passing moment.

"That's great!" he exclaimed, his excitement palpable. "We'll finally be able to get our hands on the sixth ball, Rin!"

"It's about time alright," Ringo chimed in.

"Hold on just a moment," Tress said, her tone serious. "There's still so much we don't know about Ahtohallan."

Her words brought a sobering pause to the conversation, prompting the trio to turn their attention to Tress. Gon furrowed his brow, his enthusiasm tempered by Tress's warning.

"What do you mean?"

Tress leaned forward, her expression grave. "I've been doing some research," she explained, "gathering all the information I could find about Ahtohallan. But it's proving to be more challenging than I anticipated. Even the locals are useless."