CHAPTER 12 -York New-

Third Person POV

The rustic café nestled in the heart of the bustling city was adorned with dim lights and the gentle hum of conversations. Gon, Killua, Alluka, Kurapika, Leorio, and Ringo occupied a corner table, discussing their next steps in hushed tones. The air was thick with anticipation as the group pondered how to gather the Dragon Balls.

"I can arrange for us to get a ship to sail to the northern sea. It's the fastest way to reach our destination," Kurapika suggested, his brown eyes focused on a map spread across the table.

'This is pointless, I can't even understand a thing.'

As the others engaged in the planning, Ringo's attention shifted beyond the confines of their strategic discussions.

"...!"

Her perceptive gaze caught sight of a lone girl, seemingly lost and ignored by the indifferent crowd. The girl's distress was palpable, but the world around her remained oblivious.

'Is she lost?'

Unable to turn a blind eye, Ringo felt a pang of sympathy. Excusing herself quietly from the conversation, she rose from her seat. "Excuse me."

"Rin, where are you going?" Gon looked up and questioned.

"I'll be back in a minute." A warm smile adorned her face as she assured him.

"Oh, alright then."

With that, she navigated through the tables, weaving through the sea of patrons until she reached the forlorn girl. The girl, a picture of vulnerability, looked up in surprise as Ringo approached.

Ringo crouched down to the girl's eye level and asked gently, "Are you lost?"

The girl, her eyes brimming with uncertainty, nodded.

"I don't know where my mommy is..." Rin's heart went out to the child, and without a second thought, she decided to lend a helping hand.

"Don't worry, I think your mommy might not be that far."

Glancing back at her friends, Ringo saw them engrossed in their strategic discussions.

'This will probably just take a minute.'

Convinced that assisting the girl would only take a moment, she flashed a reassuring smile.

"I'll help you find your mommy." With those comforting words, Ringo took the girl's small hand in hers.

"Thank you, Nee-chan!"

"Where did you last see her?"

"Over there!" The girl pointed.

"Alright, let's get you to your mommy!"

As they navigated through the crowded street, Ringo skillfully maneuvered through the crowd of people, the little girl in tow. She maintained a reassuring grip on the girl's hand, a lifeline in the chaotic sea of people. Ringo, with her keen awareness, scanned the surroundings for any signs of distressed parents. She exchanged a few comforting words with the girl, learning her name and assuring her that everything would be okay.

****************************