CHAPTER 25 -Devil's Sea-

Third POV

Killua sat silently beside the bed, his eyes fixed on his younger sister, Alluka. Her chest rose and fell in a steady rhythm, the only sign of life in her otherwise still form. Days had passed since she slipped into unconsciousness, days that felt like an eternity to Killua.

The room was quiet, save for the occasional creaking of the floorboards beneath his weight as he shifted uneasily in his seat. His fingers absentmindedly traced the intricate patterns of the bedsheet, a futile attempt to distract himself from the overwhelming worry gnawing at his insides. How he longed for his sister to awaken, to see those bright blue eyes flicker open once more and hear her gentle voice fill the room with warmth.

"Alluka... Nanika... Why aren't you waking up?"

Meanwhile, Tress stood silently behind the door. Her gaze lingered on the siblings. A heavy sigh escaped her lips as she watched the scene unfold before her. The bond between the siblings was undeniable, a fragile thread of love and devotion that seemed to bind them together in the face of adversity. Her own heart stirred as she recalled the echoes of a similar bond, a bond once shared with her younger brother.

 Her own heart stirred as she recalled the echoes of a similar bond, a bond once shared with her younger brother

'Jun...'

Shrugging off the tendrils of nostalgia that threatened to ensnare her thoughts, Tress refocused her attention back to the room. Her keen and observant eyes fixated on Alluka's still form.

"...!"

Suddenly, a subtle shift in the atmosphere caught her attention. A faint, almost imperceptible aura of red energy lingered around Alluka's body, so faint that it seemed to flicker on the edge of existence. Tress' brows furrowed in concern as she strained to discern the source of this anomaly.

'Is that... No, it can't be--'

There was something inherently wrong. The red energy, so faint it was barely perceptible, seemed to pulse with an otherworldly rhythm.

 The red energy, so faint it was barely perceptible, seemed to pulse with an otherworldly rhythm

'How suspicious... Diez hasn't reached this level yet...' Tress continued to gaze upon Alluka, her senses ablaze with apprehension.

The faint red energy lingering around Alluka's unconscious form could mean only one thing...