CHAPTER 21 -Devil's Sea-

Ringo POV

"Who... who are you?" I managed to stammer out, my eyes never leaving his.

He chuckled darkly, the sound sending a chill racing down my spine.

"Oh, come now, kid," he said, his grin widening to reveal a row of sharp teeth. "Surely you remember me. We've met before."

'Not in this lifetime!'

With a surge of adrenaline coursing through my veins, I refused to succumb to fear. As the man advanced towards me, his smirk widening with malicious intent, I drew upon my inner strength.

My eyes blazed with determination as I focused my energy, channeling it into a beam of light that erupted from my palms. The brilliant radiance scattered the darkness that surrounded us, banishing the shadows back into the corners of the room.

"HYA!!!"

PUNCH!

With a primal yell, I launched myself forward, my fists flying as I aimed at the man's jaw. The force of the impact sent him staggering backward, his smirk faltering for just a moment.

POW!

But I didn't relent. Drawing upon every ounce of strength within me, I followed up with a swift kick to his gut, driving the air from his lungs as he doubled over in pain. With a fierce determination burning in my eyes, I seized the opportunity to deliver one final blow, sending him crashing out of the room with a resounding thud.

CRASH!!!

"You have no manners," I spat, my voice dripping with contempt. "Entering a girl's room uninvited."

As he rose from the ground, seemingly unfazed by my previous assault, my heart sank with a sinking dread. The shadows swirling around him served as a grim reminder of his dark power, and his widened smirk only confirmed that the battle was far from over.

"You're still full of energy as ever," he taunted, his voice laced with amusement and malice.

Before I could respond, he called forth even more shadows, shaping them into grotesque beasts that lunged toward me with savage intent.

"...!"

With lightning-fast reflexes, I dodged and weaved, narrowly avoiding their razor-sharp claws and snapping jaws.

But just as I thought I had gained the upper hand, a new threat emerged from the depths of my own shadow. A snake-like beast, dark and sinister, slithered forth with deadly precision, its coiling form wrapping around me like a vice.

"AHHH--"

I gasped for air, my breath coming in short, ragged gasps as the creature tightened its grip around my throat, cutting off my oxygen supply. Panic surged through me like a tidal wave as I struggled against its relentless hold, but the more I fought, the tighter its coils became.

"Did you forget about me? Well, it doesn't matter... I just need to make you remember how terrifying it is to face the E-10."

'E-10? He's one of the E-10?!'

Desperation clawed at my mind as I searched for a way to break free, to escape the clutches of this nightmarish beast that threatened to snuff out my life. But as darkness closed in around me, I realized that I was running out of time, that this might be the end of the line for me.

CRASH!!!!

"RIN!!!"

Just as I thought it was the end for me, someone crashed into the room with a forceful presence, calling out my name with urgency. Before I could comprehend what was happening, a powerful punch landed square on Noveno's jaw, sending him reeling backward with a grunt of pain.