CHAPTER 3 -Kame Island-

Gon POV

The office exuded an air of authority, with rich mahogany panels and calligraphy scrolls adorning the walls. Standing amidst the traditional-looking office, I couldn't shake the feeling of unease that lingered in the air. Killua and his sister Alluka stood beside me, both exchanging glances as we faced the imposing figure before us.

In front of us was sat the village chief, the person in charge of Kame Island. Surprisingly, he was only a man in his late twenties, his dark hair was unrully, yet his eyes as black as the deepest abyss. The vibrant orange Changshan he wore added a splash of color to the otherwise subdued surroundings.

"So... You guys are Pro Hunters, and you're here because you want to know more about this island?"

The man regarded us with suspicion, his eyebrow raised in a silent inquiry. His gaze bore into us, as if trying to unravel the mysteries we brought with us. I couldn't help but feel a bead of sweat forming on my forehead.

I cleared my throat, trying to find the right words to explain our true purpose on the island. "Actually, sir, the reason we're here—"

"We're here to explore the rich customs and traditions of this island. We've heard so much about the cultural heritage here and couldn't resist the opportunity to experience it ourselves." Killua smoothly interjected, a confident smile playing on his lips.

I was thrown off guard by Killua's sudden deviation from the truth and shot a questioning glance at him. Killua, however, maintained his composed demeanor, determined to steer the conversation in a more favorable direction.

"You see," Killua continued, his tone earnest. "We've heard tales of the unique martial art practices and rituals that have been passed down through generations on this island. It fascinated us so much that we couldn't resist the urge to experience it for ourselves."

"And what exactly brings you here to my office, expressing such a sudden interest in our martial arts?"

Killua leaned forward, adopting an earnest demeanor. "Well, sir, we thought it would be respectful to seek your guidance. We heard you are the village chief, the grandmaster of these traditions, and we wanted to make sure we approached them with the utmost respect and understanding."

The man's suspicion lingered, but then, almost like the breaking of dawn, his face softened into a bright smile.

"This is excellent!" he exclaimed, a genuine excitement lighting up his eyes. "I've always believed in the power of sharing our customs, and now, with me as the new chief, it's time to break the isolation and embrace change."

Killua and I exchanged glances, grateful for the unexpected turn of events.

"Feel free to use my office as a starting point. I can show you some of the ropes here, but unfortunately, I'm quite tied up with paperwork at the moment." As the man was in deep thought, his eyes suddenly lit up. "That's right! I know just what you guys need!"

"You need a tour guide! I know just the perfect person for it!"

'...!'

Before the chief could continue, a sudden and familiar scent enveloped me. It was a fragrance that stirred memories, like a subtle whisper from the past. The delicate aroma hung in the air for just a moment, capturing my attention before the door swung open with a forceful kick.

BAM!

A girl with black hair tied up in a ponytail stormed in, her red outfit matching the intensity of her entrance. The irritated scowl on her face hinted at a tempest of emotions within.