CHAPTER 23 -Devil's Sea-

Killua POV

As I sprint through the dense forest, the foliage blurring into a green whirl around me, I can feel the weight of my sister on my back, her breathing steady and peaceful despite the chaos around us. My heart races, matching the rhythm of my footfalls as I push myself harder, my electric aura crackling with energy.

Thoughts race through my mind like lightning bolts. Gon, Ringo, Tress... Did they survive the fall? The image of the plummeting airship flashes before my eyes, and a surge of worry gnaws at my insides.

'Gon!'

Gon... he can't use Nen, he's practically defenseless against any attack. If he's up against the E-10, he won't stand a chance. Not in his current state!

'Damn it! Why did I let him go?' I gritted my teeth.

'I can't lose him, not now, not like this!' 

The branches snap and sway as I dart through them, my senses sharp, my instincts guiding me toward the crash site. Every step brings me closer, but the uncertainty claws at me, urging me to move faster, to reach him before it's too late.

'I should've been faster, damn it!'

I focus on the electricity coursing through my veins, drawing strength from it, letting it fuel my determination. I need to find Gon. I need to protect him. No matter what. After all...

.

"Killua, listen... Please protect Gon."

.

'... I made a promise to Rin!'

With each stride, I push myself harder, my resolve burning brighter than the sparks that dance around me.

"Gon, hold on. I'm coming."

*************************

Ringo POV

'Gon... It's my fault for being weak.'

I clenched my fists, feeling the weight of determination settle upon my shoulders. The sight of blood pooling around Gon spurred me into action. With a deep breath, I focused my energy, channeling it into my outstretched hand towards Gon's prone form. The air shimmered with the intensity of my power as I willed it to him.

"Energy Healing; Reiki."

As my energy flowed into him, I could feel a faint pulse of life returning to his battered body. His wounds began to mend, albeit slowly.

"Not so fast."

"...!"

Before I could react, a shadowy beast lunged at me, its claws slicing through the air with deadly precision. I barely had time to register its attack before I was sent flying, crashing into a nearby tree with bone-jarring force.

CRASH!!!!

"I want that kid dead," Noveno smirked.

Pain exploded through my body, but my instincts took over as multiple beasts emerged from the shadows, their malicious intent clear in their glowing red eyes. With lightning-fast reflexes, I dodged their strikes, countering with bursts of energy that sent them reeling.

"...!"

And then, just as I thought it was over, Noveno himself emerged from the shadows, his dark aura pulsing with power. With a grim smile, he launched himself at me, the air crackling with the intensity of our collision.