New years kiss

It was nearing new years and the rehabbed group along with class 1a were quite excited.

~

"Hmm, todorki-kun, what will your new years resolution be?" Uraraka asked walking up to shoto in the common room. Shoto shrugged and said, "maybe try to smile more" shoto never really celebrated new years in the Todorki household so he didn't really get what it should be.

_______________________________________

(I don't have a resolution 🤔, maybe to study for my civics tests before the day of the test 😭😅🤷‍♀️)
(I think my friend and I both know that ain't gonna happen anytime soon knowing me 🥲😮‍💨)
_______________________________________

~

Shoto and dabi were set to go get food since they were running low. As they walked through the supermarket grabbing food dabi asked, "hey, sho?" Shoto looked over to dabi and raised an eyebrow. "Are you gonna kiss anyone when the ball drops?" Shoto's face flushed pink but he shrugged. "Not sure.. depends if the person I want to kiss wants to kiss me" shoto mumbled as Dabi raised an eyebrow.

"Who is it then?" He asked as shoto shook his head. "I'm not telling you" he said as dabi shurgged, "fine, fine" shoto shook his head playfully now as he and dabi continued getting the food on the list.

~

New years eve was approaching soon and one thing that went around was

The new year's kiss

Shoto was well aware of who he had in mind but he stayed silent. The thing was the person was his crush. The teasy, annoying, dabi

Shoto has no clue if dabi liked him back so he stayed silent about the whole thing. Meanwhile dabi did like shoto and wanted to kiss him at midnight. Though dabi needed to find out if shoto was going to kiss anyone and who it was.

Dabi had suspicion it was him but they were both silent about the whole thing so neither of them got the hints.

Dabi and shoto were now just hanging in shoto's room. Dabi and shoto had grown a strong friendship ever since dabi first came to rehab with the others.

The ball drop was in a few hours so they were just hanging for a bit. "so have you decided who you're gonna kiss at midnight?" Dabi asked shoto who just shrugged. "Why don't you tell me who you were planning on kissing?" Dabi said looking over to shoto. "It was uhm-, no one" shoto said not sure why or what he should say.

"Hmm, alright" dabi mumbled as he went back to his phone. Though the screen was blank.

Shoto and dabi both wanted to kiss the other at the ball drop but neither wanted to get rejected and ruin their friendship.

Meanwhile shigiraki and midoyra were dragging into this by toga. "Wait so what do we have to do?" Izuku asked in confusion as shigaraki face palmed. "She wants us to get dabi and shoto under that missile toe at the ball drop" shigaraki said guesturing over to the very few mistletoes they left up. "Why us tho?" Izuku asked quite knowing shoto had a crush on dabi. "Because you guys are their closest friends. Izu-kun you are shoto-kun are close friends, and tomura and shoto-kun are good friends!" Toga explained as shigaraki just nodded. "So is this the plan to get your ship together?" Shigaraki asked as toga just nodded. Shigaraki sighed and said, "fine, midorya, do you think you'll be able to get shoto there? Cause I'm sure they won't figure it out themselves" shigaraki said as izuku nodded.

"Yay!!" Toga exclaimed as shigaraki just sighed and left the area.

~

It was nearing the 5 minute mark and both izuku and shigiraki had to get dabi and shoto to the mistletoe.

____

Though it was very clear the two liked each other, but both were too nervous that the other didn't like them. Dabi had asked toga for help, which was a dumb idea cause of togas 'brilliant ideas', but we're gonna give toga a chance 😌
____

Shoto was dragged by midorya over to the kitchen doorway as tomura dragged dabi out of his dorm room.

Now it was nearing the 20 second countdown and neither had realized they were under a mistletoe. "Well that was odd" shoto commented as he had been dragged here by midorya. Dabi nodded and as they were counting down from 10 dabi glanced up and madly blushed.

9

Shoto looked at dabi's face in confusion

8

Shoto looked up at where dabi's gaze was

7

Shoto madly blushed as well seeing they were both under a mistletoe

6

Dabi contemplated whether he should kiss shoto or not

5

Shoto glanced over to the others counting down

4

3

2

Shoto and dabi looked over at each other 

1

Dabi pulled shoto by the waist and passionately kissed him on the lips and Shoto kissed back.

As everyone celebrated shoto and dabi pulled back as their faces were beat red. Shoto just gave a smile as dabi gave a goofy grin. "That took too long to do" dabi joked as shoto nodded and they kissed again.

865 words

The end

I hope that new year's special was good. Happy 2024 everyone!!
✌️🥳✨🪩📣