chapter 18

tw: emetophobia & smut

josephine lee

I love mornings because they feel like a fresh start. No one has had the opportunity to piss me off yet and I get to almost reinvent myself for the day. Everything starts off with how I start my morning. Today, I hear the AC and I can feel the satisfying chill as goosebumps coat my arms, causing me to try to pull the blanket closer to me. 

I tug even harder on the blanket but there's something standing in the way of that and my perfect morning. I try to get up, but I can't and I refuse to open my eyes because once I do any chance of getting more sleep disappears. I can smell something familiar but not enough to pinpoint it. I use my hands to feel around the bed before landing on the space heater lying on top of me. 

My eyes betray me and fly wide open, looking around my hotel room before landing on the boy on top of me. Jack is sleeping on me, snuggled into my chest right between my boobs. His lips are perfectly parted, letting out all his soft snores that don't seem to bother me at all. His eyes are closed, giving me a good view of his endlessly long eyelashes. Staring at his eyelids for so long makes me start to miss the blue that shines beneath them. 

His tousled hair sticks up in every direction, making my heart beat twice as fast just by looking at all of his features. His arms cage me in making sure I can't leave which would be cute if I didn't have to race to the restroom. My stomach starts twisting and turning begging me to get out of bed, but I have Mr. Alcatraz locking me in. 

I push Jack's shoulders as hard as I can until he wakes up and sets me free. I drop to my knees at the toilet and begin to empty the contents of my stomach. I hug the bowl, pushing my hair to the side as the poor decisions named tequila fill the toilet. When I get a second to breathe I use it to groan, cursing myself for drinking myself into next year. 

When I feel a pair of hands messing with my hair I flutter my eyes open and try looking at him, but the light coming from the bathroom makes me want to puke again. In between breaks, I beg him to turn off the light and keep going until I no longer feel sick. Jack's hands smooth my matted hair down as much as he can and puts it into a low ponytail. 

I give him my best appreciative grin, feeling his hands rub my back, trying his best to soothe me. The minute Jack's hands leave my body an instant chill replaces the warmth his hands emitted, making me miss the warmth his hands radiated. "Drink some water, pretty girl." he smiles sleepily, tilting my chin up, while holding a glass of water to my lips. 

He's right for not handing the glass to me because I would've shattered it with how weak I currently feel. His pointer finger rests just below my chin, helping pour the water down my aching throat. I wince as I swallow the cool water, thanking him as I flush the toilet. 

With my head resting against the wooden cabinets I start shivering so much I try moving towards the shower so I can warm up in there, but the minute I try getting up my head starts spinning. I sit back down and call out for Jack. He pokes his head through the door, "Yeah?" he asks quietly, moving closer to me. 

"Can you help me get in the shower? I just need help getting in, I would do it but-" I say until he sweetly cuts me off with a kiss to my forehead. "Of course, I'll help." He chuckles, turning on the water, and holding the back of his hand to the stream until it's warm enough. He wipes his hand on a towel and helps me stand, taking my top off then putting my hands on his shoulders as he pulls my underwear off. 

He does the same, pulling his briefs off as he walks me into the shower, holding me up. He wraps my arms around his neck and sways my sore body back and forth while rubbing soft circles into my hips. After a while of resting my cheek against his chest, he moves his hands up to my hair, pulling my hair tie off, and begins to scrub shampoo into my scalp.