chapter 24

josephine lee 

Since our date at my house, I've been doing better at being a good girlfriend. Instead of filling my day with endless tasks, I make time for Jack. I attend his games and have him over at my house any time he wants. Like right now. Jack is in bed with me after spending the night since according to him it was only fair because his brother would be hogging me for a few days. 

I lay in bed, staring at the ceiling with Jack's head on my chest. "Are you all packed?" he asks, from his comfortable position. "Yep, I packed before the game last night." I tell him, eyeing my suitcase from my bed. I run my fingers through Jack's brown hair, squirming beneath him every time his breathing tickles my skin. 

"I'm gonna miss you, Lee." he admits, taking deep breaths as his hold on me tightens. His honesty makes my heart pick up, bringing a smile to my face. "I won't be gone for too long, I'll be back on Monday." I remind him, tucking some of his hair behind his ear. I run my fingernails down his neck before making my way up again to soothingly scratch his scalp. 

"Besides, I've already seen two of the three Hughes play hockey, I have to complete the trinity and figure out who does it better." I tease, feeling him tense up before raising his head from my chest to give me a disapproving look. "You know who does it better." he scoffs, returning to his spot on me. 

He mumbles what I said under his breath before scoffing again when the alarm I set on my phone rings. I try stretching my body to grab my phone but Jack puts all his weight on me, making it impossible. "Jack, honey. I got to get ready." I sweet talk him in hopes he'll cooperate sooner rather than later. He scoots up to rest his head in my neck slowly kissing up and down the side of it. 

"I know what you're doing, but I can't be late J." I say apologetically, wishing I could stay with him since once I got the hang of it I realized that being a girlfriend is fun. He sighs, slowly pulling his head up, looking at me with big sweet puppy dog eyes. If I could I would, sweet boy. He pushes off of the mattress with his hands and kisses me on my lips once he's hovering over me. I lift myself up to meet his lips once he pulls back, and fully sit up when he rolls off out of bed. 

As he walks out of the room I rush towards the restroom to start getting ready for my flight to Michigan. I run a brush through my hair and pin it back as I wash my face and start my makeup. I continuously tap my phone to make sure I'm on schedule and once I leave the bathroom to put on an outfit I notice Jack is already dressed. 

He rubs his eyes before tying his shoes and watches me pick out my clothes for the flight. I tug my jeans on and shrug on on a cream sweater only buttoning up the first two buttons and leaving the rest open. Usually, I would dress for comfort but Luke is picking me up from the airport and I'm trying to make up for our first encounter. 

"You ready?" Jack asks gently, reaching for my hand so he can pull me close to him

"You ready?" Jack asks gently, reaching for my hand so he can pull me close to him. I take it with my free hand since my other is full of my jewelry. I nod as he tugs me until I'm standing in between his legs. "I have a few rules." He starts, resting his chin on my stomach, my sweater splitting around his face since I left it open.