chapter 21

josephine lee

"Well, well, well." A voice that does not belong to either of us says. My first thought after Jack and I quickly pull away from each other is that someone possibly someone dangerous has broken into Jack's house. Without thinking twice I jump, hiding behind Jack as he groans loudly. Judging by his reaction I'm assuming he knows who the guy is since he's not making any attempt to ask questions or kick him out. 

I peek at the boy sitting on the couch from behind Jack and try focusing my eyes on him to see if I know him. I don't, but I do recognize a few of his features. Most of them on the face of the man I was just having sex with. 

Oh fuck! This must be Jack's older brother, Quinn. 

I don't know much about him other than what Jack has told me, but wow what a great first impression. Jack covers his face with his hands, rubbing his fingers over his eyes. "Yeah, that's what you've been doing for," He checks his watch, referring to the noises Jack was making in bed before looking over to his left toward the kitchen, directing his vision at someone else. "How many rounds was that moose?" Quinn asks who I am assuming is Jack's younger brother. 

I'm just meeting the whole family now, huh?

As Jack's younger brother emerges from the kitchen with a box of cereal I notice that he's taller than both of them but still wears many of the same facial features as his older brothers. "Had to be like four rounds, at least." He says, shoving some cereal into his mouth before shaking his head at the thought of sitting around for four rounds of sex. 

Oh, they heard everything. They. Heard. Everything. 

Jack turns his body to me, shielding me from his brothers and looking at me with concerned eyes as he apologizes. "I am so sorry, I didn't know they were coming." To which Quinn says, "Trust me we didn't know you'd be cumming." with a loud cackle like he's proud of the joke he just made. And he should be. Had we been in different circumstances I would've laughed but instead, I am paralyzed with embarrassment. 

Jack rubs his temples, completely unamused by Quinn's jokes. "I-I can go," I whisper, but his brothers hear me loud and clear and wave me off. "No, please stay. We have so much to talk about." Quinn says, insisting I say and get to know them. He stands up from Jack's couch and walks over to me ready to extend his hand out to me. 

"Quinn Hughes, Jack's older brother." He smiles. I use a hand to pull the button-up together and get ready to shake his hand until I remember where my hands have been. I wince, pulling my hand away and excuse myself to wash my hands. Quinn's face scrunches up in disgust once he realizes why I feel the need to clean my hands and lets me run off to the kitchen, sliding past Luke to wash my hands. 

On my way back towards them I button up Jack's button up and introduce myself. "Okay, hi I'm Josie." my voice shakes slightly, this might be the most nervous I have ever been and no amount of fake confidence can get me through this. Quinn stays quiet this time around while Luke stands, towering over me. "Luke Hughes, I'm legal." He smirks, showing off the crooked smile that clearly got passed around to Jack too. 

I laugh at Luke, fighting a laugh while Jack flips him off. "Quit flirting with her." He says, causing Luke to throw his hands up in surrender. They playfully argue for a bit as Quinn stares into the side of my head, proceeding to be quiet even though he was being pretty chatty when Jack and I first walked out of the bedroom. 

"As much as I'd love to sit around and dilly-dally over the fact that you guys broke into my apartment I am starving, so I'm going to go get some pizza." Jack says, directing a fake smile at both of his brothers. He pressed his hands on his thighs, standing from the couch before switching his demeanor entirely when he looks at me. "Do you want to come with me?" He asks, focusing in on me.