Chapter 5 - Blind Date

I heard a knock on my door

I heard a knock on my door. I opened the door and Ominis kindly asked, "May I come in?" He stood in front of me and smiled. "Sorry to bother you... I was wondering if you wanted to join me for dinner?"

"I would love to," I said. "Brilliant! It's a blind date then!" he exclaimed with excitement. "Food will be ready shortly." He continued to smile. "I'll come grab you when I'm ready. Feel free to dress as you like."

I looked at him oddly and replied, "Sounds good, Ominis. Thanks."

I immediately started getting ready, feeling a little nervous. It was odd to think about my last date. I have been with Sebastian for the past ten years. We would always go to the Yule Ball together at Hogwarts, and from there, we would just travel and be together. Who would have thought that it would technically be my last real date until now? Kind of sad, really.

I put on a black dress, black heels, and did my makeup. I looked in the mirror and smiled at myself. I felt pretty.

Just as I finished, Ominis came back into the room. "Are you ready?"

"Yes, thank you," I replied. He stuck out his shoulder for me to grab onto, and we started walking.

"You look absolutely beautiful in your black dress," he said. "If I may say... Ahh, and you went with black heels, how wonderful! You are truly pretty, my dear!"

Well, that completely shocked me. "Ominis, you're scaring me! How did you... know?"

He moved his head closer to me. "As if you'd choose other colors to wear. I know you, remember? As for the heels, I can hear them as we walk."

"Well, that explains it then!" I sighed in relief. I honestly thought he was somehow going to tell me he's been lying about being blind this whole time for this very moment.

I was happy that he was taking the lead. I would have gotten lost for sure. It's like a mini Hogwarts with no map. We reached our destination, and he pulled out a chair for me. The table was covered with freshly cooked food: roasted chicken, steaks, potatoes, lamb chops, mini meat pies, and some veggies. It made me feel like I was back at Hogwarts.

 It made me feel like I was back at Hogwarts