Chapter 25 - The Date

Seb's P.O.V

I wake up and notice she's still sleeping beside me. I kiss her forehead and head into the kitchen.

I make coffee and look at Ominis sitting, reading The Daily Prophet.

"What's up Gaunt?"  I sternly ask. "What's up, Sallow?" He sternly asks back. I smile.

I bring my coffee and sit at the table with him.

"Surprised you haven't killed me yet," he says, amused. "Oh, don't worry, it's still on my list of things to do," I joke as he smiles. "Right," I look at him, continuing to read the newspaper. I take a closer look at the paper. "Shit." I say loudly.

"What? You're not in here, there's no need to worry."

"Fuck, not that mate. The date.
"I'm going to have to leave, fuck."

He puts down the paper and stares at me. "I can always go with her or with both of you."

I look back at him, "Not happening. She already feels fucking vulnerable." "I'm not letting her go fucking alone, and she needs me."

So, go. It's only going to be a couple of hours, right? I know where you guys are. If she really needs this, like you say she does, I think you'll be okay. She has more power than either of us put together, if anything were to happen."

"Just take care of her, Sebastian. Trust me, she's hurting," he says with care. "I know you read her mind a lot, I can tell. You make it completely obvious," I say, hurt.

"Sebastian, you are not the only one who cares about her. I will never take her from you, and no, it's not because I'm scared of you fucking killing me. It's because I have too much fucking respect to ever do that to you."

"Yes, I read her thoughts. I admitted that to her already. I do it because I care about her. You're not the only one who loves her."

"She's fucking hurting from the pain she's in right now. It's getting worse." "Sebastian, she is masking it."
"Those 'dreams' of hers, yeah, trust me, it's dark shit."

"That's coming from fucking me, a guy who has been brutally tortured and fucking abused"

"She's so fucking scared and the only person she wants is you, so fucking be there for her."

"I am. You don't think I already know that, really?"

This is the person that I need every day; she's my damn lifeline. I know you've been doing everything to help her. My voice cracks, "Ominis, I can't lose her."
"I literally have no one left."

"I know Sebastian, neither can I." He says back slowly.

"Fuck... I hate the cold," I think to myself as I wipe the tears off my face with my sleeve.

"Maybe I should make her breakfast."

"I would kill to see that. The only time I truly wish I had vision and use the unforgivable curse is now," he says enthusiastically.

"Shut the fuck up, Ominis," I say back, completely annoyed."

Right, where to begin? I look in the fridge and grab all the ingredients. I use my wand to help me a little... more than I should. I put everything on a nice tray. It's missing something. "Orchideous." "There, much better."

"Wow, I'm so proud. My beautiful castle is still standing," Ominis says, absolutely relieved"

I look at him and say, "Ominis, I fucking hate you, you know that, right?"
"Good," he smiles.

I shake my head at him and leave with the tray. I head to the bedroom to leave the tray near her as she still sleeps.

I then go and take a shower and come back with a towel as she's awake.