Chapter 14 - Numb

"Did you hear what I bloody said? You could go to Azkaban

"Did you hear what I bloody said? You could go to Azkaban. The Ministry of Magic will probably find out."

"Yeah, I heard you Ominis. I'm not going to Azkaban, fucking hell. I just lost my dear sister too." Do you honestly think I give a shit about what's happening right now?"

I just sit on the floor of the floor in Undercroft. "We must be able to do something!" Ominis says loudly. "Everything is completely fucked up right now!"

"Hmmm," I immediately turned my head, recognizing the familiar sound that usually means he has a plan.

"I honestly think we might be okay. If they go searching for you, I'll get my family involved; they won't touch you. The Ministry of Magic is the most corrupt organization of them all. They will either want money or be too scared of us and won't get in the way. Either way, I don't think we should be that worried."

I Look at him. "Are you sure that will work, Ominis?" This rollercoaster of emotions is literally killing me inside.

"Yeah, no one is going to mess with the Gaunts. Now is the time for you to admit that I'm the best person you know." He's proud of himself."

I ignore his enthusiasm since I'm actually very worried and feel like absolute shit.

"We should keep a low profile, just in case, and look out for the wanted criminal list for Azkaban. That will be most important. There look I helped. I can't fucking believe this is happening.

"I agree, it's not a bad idea to take precautions. They also have a track record of where we Floo powder to, so maybe we should just be careful. I'm not saying we can't use Floo powder, we just need to be extra careful," Ominis adds. "Will do." Can we please just leave?

We should send a letter to Silver. Perhaps even a cryptic one. Omnis starts writing and asks me, "Are you going to tell her everything that happened?" I remain silent. I don't bloody know stop asking me shit.

"I'm actually asking here for your better judgment, Ominis. I'm afraid I don't have the right mindset at the moment. Do you think it's wise for me to?" Now you can bloody choose.

"Tricky one, you have time to decide," Omnis says. "Maybe we might not need to be so cryptic after all?"

Pity though I just made this letter that I was proud of.

Silver, A nice little journey for thee
It seems you may have lost,
Your two tour guides Tweedle Dum and Tweedle Dee
Go back to the place we welcomed you we called hell..
You should remember it must ring a bell..

Ps bring the Coconut and Sammich as well as other things you need it will be a while indeed..

I get up and look at the letter and smirk. "How Charming." I take out my wand "Incendio"and watched it burn to dust. Ahh, Much better. "Such a pity all my hard work" Ominis says fake crying.

He snaps out of it. "Now that's done, I can just use my owl to invite her to my house, instead. Both of you will have to live there for a bit, but no one will touch you."

"You and I will keep a lookout on that most wanted list. The minute they decide to put your name up will be when my family goes to war."

If you guys do leave my house, you need to check that list every day in the Daily Prophet newspaper. Sebastian: if your name is there, you must come back to my house immediately until it's settled.

"I understand." I honestly appreciate how much he cares. I really don't want to do fucking anything. "Ominis, that's a lot of help, especially coming from you, even after all these years.

"Consider it my wedding present. Besides, I can't tell you how much I hate you to your face if you're in Azkaban." He chuckles. Way to ruin a moment.

Now that the real invite is done, Sebastian, I need to know whether we are going to tell her or not. We need to be on the same page.

Think, Sebastian, just think. I know I've made some bad judgment calls in the past. If I don't tell her, she won't worry. However, if there ever comes a day when she finds out that I hid it, especially if it's years later, she will hate me.

"I'm going to tell her the truth"

Maybe, he doesn't need to know.

Very well, the owl has been sent off, time to head to my place. We will wait for her there. We floo powder to Ominis' house. I immediately go to the bedroom and finally sleep.

Back at the white and black house

I haven't done much of anything while they've been gone. Most of the time, I was sleeping. When I wasn't sleeping, I was lying down, holding onto Sebastian's sweater, hoping he was okay.

I hear an owl and see that I've received a letter from Ominis. I proceed to read the letter.

Silver, a lot has happened, and we feel it's best for you to come to my house. Sebastian and I are okay. Anne, however, has unfortunately passed away. Please pack anything you need and bring the owls as quickly as possible. This will be a longer stay. Sebastian and I will be waiting.
-Omnis Gaunt

I take my time and pack up all of my belongings. I don't like the feeling of forgetting something, especially if I won't be back for a long time. I make sure that I have all of Sebastian's things. I hope he's alright; I am so worried about him. I know how close he was to Anne. He literally just lost the only family he had left. The last time he saw her, he literally killed to try to save her. I grab the two owls and head back to the Pity Palace using Floo powder.

"Welcome back Silver"

I look and see Ominis, happy to see that you've gotten my letter. "I did, thank you. Where's Sebastian?"

"He's resting. It's been a long day for him," Ominis says, also sounding exhausted.

"I mean yeah, that makes sense. You both haven't even slept for nearly two days.

Ominis takes the owls. "I have a special room for them. They will love it," he smiles. He walks off with them. I set my trunk on the floor and sit on one of the chairs in the living room. He comes back and asks if I'm alright. "I'm okay, Ominis. I was just really worried about Sebastian."

"Did everything go okay?" I ask. "I think it's best if you talk to Sebastian when he wakes up. It's been a long day for both of us, after all." I understandably say, "Okay.

He smiles at me, trying to alleviate my worries. "I'm sure all of your questions will be answered tomorrow when we wake up. Until then, please feel free to make yourself at home. I myself am going to bed, alright?"

"Thank you, Ominis, for everything,"

"No thanks is needed. I'm just happy to have both of you back in my life," he says.

I smile. "Have a good night, Ominis."

Something inside me is worried. I get up from the chair and lie on the couch instead. I try to lie down but I can't fall asleep. Too many questions are rushing in my head, starting with: What could have possibly happened? I don't like the fact that I didn't go, but I completely understand why Sebastian didn't want me there.

All of my anxieties and worries kept building up. I need to do something; I refuse to wake him up. I just need to find a spell or something that can help me. I wonder if he has a library.

I cast the disillusionment charm. I know he told me to feel at home, but I don't want to get caught snooping around.

I don't go near any of the bedrooms. I really need a map for this place. I searched each floor, and then I finally found, the library. I entered the dark room and cast Lumos.

"Sneaking around, are we?"