Chapter 13 - Unlucky 13

And..

It..

Works... Yes! I just saved myself a headache. I look around the den, wondering where you are. I think to myself. I use the Disillusionment Charm, which makes me invisible, so no cloak is needed.

This reminds me of her. I taught Silver how to use it to sneak into the restricted section at the Hogwarts library. I even took the blame for her when we got caught. "I knew she was a real one then, just as much as I know she's a real one now." It's also how I was able to just appear when Ominis kissed her forehead back at the three broom sticks. It's one of my favorites.

I Spot the one and only black one in the den. I even see some rare ones. I need to be careful. I can't alert it. I get as close as I can. I use Levioso as it tries to fly in the air, then I use the Nab- Sack and hold on for dear life as the bag starts sucking up the black, beautiful creatures like a vacuum.

 I use Levioso as it tries to fly in the air, then I use the Nab- Sack and hold on for dear life as the bag starts sucking up the black, beautiful creatures like a vacuum

I did some magic to let it out and can now use it as a mount. "You are one gorgeous creature," I say as I pet it before jumping on while making sure I have everything. I look at the map again to see where we are. Fuck. We are close. I might not even need to fly.

I take a deep breath. It's starting to hit me. Where we are. We used to come here all the time when we were younger.

I need to do this, I say in my head. I hold on and click off as the black hippogriff runs as fast as it can. There's a steep cliff, the hippogriff leaps up in the air, officially starting to fly. "That's it!" I say cheerfully. I control him to go down, and once again he stops flying and runs on the path. Perfect! Continuing on the path, I reach the house. I jump off the hippogriff.

I immediately remember why I hate this place

I immediately remember why I hate this place. I see Ominis takes the magical bag from me and puts the hippogriff back in. "You are such a beautiful creature," he says. I completely tune out the noises around me.

I see the well. I see it all. My heart's pounding out of my chest. My whole body goes numb. I remember him. I remember everything that happened. I remember how much I hate him, and now I'm in front of his fucking house.

Sebastian! Hey! I snapped out of it. Are you okay, mate? Memories... terrible ones... "He's not here anymore, man. You've got to see Anne." You are so close to her. I feel the tears collecting in my eyes. I blink. Yeah, you're right. "Fuck, I'm scared," I admit. "No one else is in there, it's just her," Ominis says, trying to help. "I know... that's what I'm scared of," I say.

I can feel my heart pounding with anticipation and uncertainty about how this is going to go down. I'm shaking as we approach the door. Ominis checks the door and says, "It's locked... Are you ready, Sebastian?" I'm literally trembling with anticipation as I respond, "Yeah..." although I'm actually lying.

"Alohomora," Ominis casts with his wand and opens the door. Every ounce of my fight or flight response is telling me I shouldn't be here.

I need to do this... I need to do this... "Hello? Is anyone here?" No sound, it's so quiet that even a pin needle can drop. "Hello?" I say again. Still no answer. We should check the bedroom. I knocked on the bedroom door...

"Anne? Are you there? Anne, I swear to Merlin if you aren't letting me in..."

"You'll do what, Sebastian?" I hear a shallow voice. "Thank God," I say.

Oh, are you religious now? Congratulations," I hear her whisper from the other side of the door. "I need to see you, please! You shouldn't have come. I needed to, Anne. I'm not doing this for you. Please, I can't hold back my tears. Please, Anne!

"I can't get up... it's unlocked," she says.

Anne, I'm so sorry... I enter the room and look at her. She doesn't even look like my sister anymore. She looks worse than I've ever seen her. She has a super pale complexion and huge dark circles completely around her eyes. She is extremely frail and bony, and altogether looks fragile. It looks as if all the darkness in this world has completely killed off any form of life left in her. I just dropped to my knees.

She looks at me, only able to speak in short whispers.
"Sebastian, you shouldn't be here."

She holds her side, gasping in pain, trying to speak as if someone shoved a dagger into her. She pauses and continues, "I didn't want you here. If you're here, it means you've read that letter. I didn't want you to see me like this." She whispers, "I can barely speak. This isn't me."

I get up off the floor and sit to her on the bed

"I don't care, you're still my twin sister. You are still the only family I have left," I tell her while I feel complete remorse for everything.

"Why is that, Sebastian?"

"I had to do it, Anne," I whispered under my breath.

She gasps in unbearable pain "Sebastian, you should have been locked up in Azkaban for what you've done.

I told you I wouldn't forgive you for what you did to him. I was the only one there at the funeral."
"His blood is on your hands that you have to live with for the rest of your life."

"He hurt me, Anne!!!" I shout in tears every fucking day! Any time I tried to help you or make you happy, he immediately took that away. I was never the bad guy; when I did something wrong, it was only for the right reasons. I always just tried to help you find something that might work, so it would never come down to the position we are in right now! I couldn't just let you die without doing something. He hurt me so much, I had no choice but to kill him.

"I stopped trying after that day, and I wonder if I had kept looking, I would have found something! Things like a resurrection stone or a philosopher's stone or even endless amounts of unicorn blood, just to try to keep you alive. I didn't want you to suffer like this. You never deserved this type of life. You were the best thing in this world."

" You never deserved this." My heart is shattered.

Anne took my hand gently...

Losing even more energy... I look at her in tears, wishing I could do something, anything.

"Sebastian please listen as she gasps for air. Getting sick was never your fault. I always told you to stop blaming yourself.

"I need you to understand that as hard as that is where what happened to me isn't your fault..."

"What you did to uncle.. "I will never accept but that doesn't mean, I still don't love you."

"I don't hate you you are still my brother and I love you she takes her hand off of mine. "

"Anne??" Tears fall down my face. Anne!!! I shout as my complete heart shatters...

~Silence~

I watch her ghost come out of her body and pass through the wall.

"Sebastian..." We need to go!!!

Sebastian now!!!! The Department of Mystery is coming.

Ominis floo powders out of the room.

"Sebastian, we might have a problem.. They might have been watching they might have heard what you did..."

Tears just rush down my face and my whole body feels numb. Not being able to listen to a single word.