Chapter 7 - Talking to Walls

I woke up at noon again. I wonder how Ominis is doing. I decided it's best to take a shower first. Then, I changed into black jeans and a sweater. I just wanted to be comfortable. Once I was ready, I went looking for Ominis.

I walked through the mini castle and eventually found him in his room. I needed to talk to him after everything he's done for me. I needed to make sure he was okay.

I knocked on his giant bedroom doors covered in a snake lock. "Ominis, can we please talk?" "What is it!?" He shouts from inside the room. "I just want to talk." Go ahead and speak, I'm not deaf." "Ominis, please, I'm going to lose my voice if you're going to have me shout everything behind this bloody door!" "Fine!" he shouts. The giant metal snake's lock comes to life and slithers out of the way, and the door slightly opens. Well he definitely used parseltongue to do that I think in my head already knowing he's a parselmouth.

 Well he definitely used parseltongue to do that I think in my head already knowing he's a parselmouth

I walk in and see that he's writing at a desk. He immediately turns his head towards me and stops writing.

"What is it?" he asks in a normal tone. "I wanted to see how you were, and apologize for everything yesterday. You went out of your way to create a beautiful evening and I spoiled it all."

"Yeah, well, it doesn't even matter. At the end of the day, you're going back to him anyways. I just wanted to give you one night where you might have actually forgotten about him, but I know no matter how much I try, that's not going to happen," he says, convinced.

"Ominis, I wasn't trying to give you false hope."

"Why are you here then?" Ominis snaps. "Why would you ask to come here after ten years of not talking!" He's clearly angry.

"You're the one who sent me an owl first, asking to meet at the Undercroft to begin with, Ominis!"

"Yeah, well, it was clearly a mistake. I obviously haven't learned my lesson, knowing nothing good happens when it comes to you two. I always get dragged into your shit."

I look at him and can't help but say, "You used to care, not just about me but about him too! What happened to that?"

"I still fucking do! I obviously fucking do! Or I wouldn't have bothered checking in on you! Did he tell you he asked me to leave you both alone for all these years? I don't fucking think so! You're so fucking oblivious to what's been going on, Silver," he says.

"Ominis, I'm..."

"I don't want your fucking apology, I want you to leave now!"

Fuck it. I quickly went back to my room and used my wand to pack up my things. I went to the nearest fireplace and left. I Floo Power to the one place I wanted to be.

I went into The Three Broomsticks. "Hey Sirona..." I sit at the bar in front of her. "Hey...love?" she says, looking confused. "Are you okay?" I look at her, just as confused. "Yeah, why?" I'm so confused. "I noticed your trunk." I look in my hands and realize I forgot I had that. "I have a spare room upstairs. You can leave it there if you need." I smile. "Thanks Sirona, kind of you."