Dilruba |۲|دلربا

Azlan was having his personal time in his balcony enjoying the savor of kashmiri chai when his gaze fell on vizir Salahuddin strolling towards the entrance of zenana, his sight caught a feminine figure entering into zenana, she is perhaps Dilruba;...

Azlan was having his personal time in his balcony enjoying the savor of kashmiri chai when his gaze fell on vizir Salahuddin strolling towards the entrance of zenana, his sight caught a feminine figure entering into zenana, she is perhaps Dilruba; Azlan thought. Vizir Salahuddin went from there after dropping Dilruba in zenana.

Azlan won't think much about Dilruba, as he is not involved in any sorts of attraction towards her, he respects her as she was his childhood friend and his vizir's daughter. At some point of his life he understood the reason behind dilruba's distance from him as he is a non mehram for her and he respects her choice. Infact it's been years since he last saw her as she always roams around the palace in her niqab and whenever their paths crosses, they make salams towards each other.

MahiBegum was looking at her trade businesses documents which includes spices, textile and some other stuff when dilruba came there.

Dilruba: Assalam alaikum Rani Maa, how're you?!

Mahi Begum: Walaikum assalam my dear, alhamdulillah I'm good it's been long since we met! It feels like you forgot your rani Maa after Talat's wedding right?!

Dilruba: No no rani maa, it's not what you think, I too miss you a lot that's why I thought to give you a little suprise by visiting you.

Mahi Begum: Ohh dear I love your surprises.They chat for sometime about one or other things, when the topic of Azlan's wedding comes around.

Dilruba: Rani maa what do you think about the marriage proposal sent by Gardezi's for our king Azlan?! Is there any motive behind this proposal as far as I know the king of Gardezi; 'Sulemain Gardezi' broke his friendship with our former king. So it seems there's a reason behind all this what do you think Rani maa?

Mahi Begum: That's what I'm thinking Dilruba , but I guess we will get our answers by the end of this week. Azlan's baba will return after getting sufficient reason behind this proposal, and I'll be the happy one if they sort out their problems by means even if we have to accept the proposal of their daughter Laila Gardezi.

When she finished talking about Laila she inhales sadly.

Dilruba: Yeah, let's hope for the best Rani maa, in sha Allah everything will be fine.

After spending some time in Mahi begum's room they both went from the zenana towards the royal garden. As mahi Begum wants to show the new species of plants which she specially ordered from Baghdad. When they were discussing something about the plants Azlan came towards them.

Dilruba: Assalam alaikum Jahanpannah!

Azlan: Walaikum assalam Dilruba, it's been long since you visit the palace and how many times I told you please call me Azlan for the sake of our childhood friendship.

Dilruba: Alhamdulillah I'm good jahanpanah, and my answer will be the same it will be inappropriate of me to call by your name as you're our king. I used to call you Azlan when we were kids but now things are not same right? You're our king, our emperor so please let me call you Jahanpanah only!