Chapter 4: 13 1/2

The gym was packed with foreign graduates. I, being as short as I was, was getting trampled in the sea of tall boys. My mother led me to our seats by my step dad and my grandparents, along with my dad, Greg, and Harry's mom and sister. I sat in between my father and my older brother and scanned the crowd for Harry and Niall.

That's when I saw him.

    The tall, gorgeous boy was talking with my brother and Harry. My breath caught in my throat and my cheeks reddened, this boy was amazing and he was looking right at me. I tried to look away, but I couldn't. I was locked in his gaze. I wanted to stand up, run to him and find out what his name was, but I was frozen in place. His deep brown eyes bore into my blue ones. He moved his gaze away from me to Niall, pointing up to me on the bleachers and saying something to the two other boys. Harry and Niall turned their heads to me and then turned back, replying to what the mysterious boy had said. 'They must be talking about me...' I wondered, as my cheeks continued to turn red with the strange boy's intense staring.

    Greg noticed the boy and then noticed my cheeks and laughed, "Have an admirer?" He said in his thick Irish accent. I turned to him and attempted to shoo away my blushing. "I have no idea what your talking about." I said firmly. Greg grinned, looking just like our father. He didn't believe my lies. "Buuuuullshit." He said, his grin growing even wider as my cheeks flushed once more.

      The ceremony finally began and all the young men took their seats. The name calling began as boys rose from their seats to receive their diplomas, their families cheering for them. It seemed like an eternity before we got to the H names. "Niall James Horan." The announcer called. Our whole section of the bleachers stood and cheered. My blonde brother took the stage, his cheeks red and face scrunched with a massive grin. He shook his principal's hand, took his diploma, and exited the stage, his face still covered with a cheeky smirk and embarrassed blush.

      I was about to fall asleep waiting on the S names when the announcer snapped me out of my daze. "Liam James Payne." The boy with the mysterious brown eyes took the stage and shook the principal's hand, staring at me the whole time. I blushed as he gave me a nod and a cheeky smirk, stepping off the stage. I frowned at the fact that he had no one cheering for him. No mother? No father? No brothers or sisters? No grandparents? Aunts, uncles, family friends? I guess not..... I was fully attentive when they called the last name we had been waiting for. "Harold Edward Styles." I giggled at the 'Harold' and stood up to cheer for my curly headed friend with my family and his.

       After multiple family pictures, Harry and Niall retired their caps and gowns and we walked to Harry's car. I jumped on Niall's back and he carried me across the school grounds. We stopped a few times for the boys to give farewells, handshakes and hugs. My stomach dropped when the Liam boy came up to my twin, Harry and I. Harry gave him a hug, Niall a handshake and an; 'Aye mate'. "I'm gonna miss ya, Liam." Harry said to him in his raspy British accent. "Not for long, mate. I got into UCLA too." Liam's voice was light and a bit high pitched. It didn't match his demeanor but it was heavenly all the same.

     "Really?! Great!" Harry exclaimed, giving Liam a big dimpled grin. Niall gave Liam a similar smile and gave him a hug, me sliding off of his back in the process. "That's awesome! Goin to college with Liam Payne!" Niall exclaimed ecstatically. Liam smiled, making his big brown eyes crinkle. Liam then looked at me while he continued talking to the boys. "And apparently I'm going to be living with you too. Or at least that's what your dad said, Niall." Harry and Niall let out whoops of joy as I stood, frozen to the ground as I had been earlier.

      Time seemed to slow, all that was focused and still in my line of sight was Liam's flawless, mysterious eyes. My stomach flipped and my heart raced. 'I was going to be living in the same house as this gorgeous boy.' This thought excited me, but my other thought on the matter did not leave me happy; 'Why was he going to live with us?' The thought scared me. Niall and I were living with our dad because we were nothing but trouble. Harry was just tagging along and his mother wanted to keep him safe. Liam had to have a significant reason, and based on the 13 1/2 tattooed on his upper arm, I highly doubt it was his mother just worrying about him.