Chapter 17: Invisable torture

I laid in my bed, rubbing my eyes out of my need for sleep, but sleep would not come. I tried to keep my mind off of Jasper and the hurt she gave me, but it was impossible. She had just looked so....... Confused. Like a small child lost in the park, looking for her mother. Except she was lost in her thoughts, searching for words. I should let her explain...

   I was contemplating on knocking on her door and apologizing but a shrill shriek snapped me out of my thoughts. I gripped my sheets and sat up, listening for another cry. I was rewarded with another scream, this one a plea for help. I got up and ran to Jasper's room.

    I turned on the light and looked for her attacker. Instead I simply saw her screaming and crying, thrashing around, and yelling for Niall with her eyes squeezed tight. She kicked her blankets off of the large bed and continued to wither, as if she were being tortured by an invisible being. Tears streamed her face and she begged for her life to someone who wasn't even there.

    "Please! Stop! Don't hurt me!! HARRY! NIALL! NIALL HELP ME!" She screamed. She must be dreaming... I needed to quiet her before Niall actually came. I ran over to her. "Jasper! Jasper, calm down, I'm here." She stopped trashing for just a moment. Quieting her voice and speaking once more. She opened her bloodshot eyes, still in sleep. "Niall...? Harry..? Did you come to help me? Get him away from me, Niall! Please! He's cutting me!" A new wave of tears flowed from her eyes. "No..." I whispered to her, stroking her teased hair. "It's Liam. Calm down, love. I'll protect you."

    Jasper stopped moving all together but her eyes were still open. Big, blue, and terrified, her eyes looked around to find me. "Liam..?" She whispered. My heart gave a squeeze at her tormented state. "Yes, Jasper. I'm here." I forced my hand around hers and she instantly relaxed. "Liam..." She mumbled, her eyes drooping and energy failing her.

"Yes, baby?"

"I'm sorry."

"It's okay. Just go to sleep."

"Okay..."

   I began to move away from her, retreating to my own room. Jasper's body tensed and her hand flailed around, looking for mine. "No! Liam stay with me!" She began to cry more, fear filling her voice. I quickly shut the door and the light off and crawled in bed with Jasper. She gripped me with a force I never knew she had.

    She nuzzled her head into my neck and wrapped her whole body around me. I felt her heart and her muscles relax. Having her back in my arms made me relax also. I kissed Jasper's forehead and wiped the tears away from her face. She had begun to snore softy and snuggled even closer to me. I squeezed her back and fell into a deep sleep.