Chapter 12: Road Trippin'

I walked up the stairs to my room groggily. It was three in the morning and I had to get up early to drive across the country. Niall and Harry followed me to my room and left all their boxes down stairs. I plopped face first on to my bed and shoved myself under the blankets. I was grateful for my queen sized bed because Niall and Harry followed suit, Niall's head by mine and Harry's feet in between us. We instantly fell back to sleep for a few hours before the sun rose.

       For a rich girl I didn't have many clothes. Thank God for that because Harry and Niall's thirty boxes filled up my Camaro and half of my Jeep. I only had nine boxes. They fit perfectly in the back of the Jeep, opening up the front seat and floorboards for five guitars. My acoustic and electric, Niall's and Harry's one acoustic. I was going to drive the Camaro with Harry and Niall was going to drive the Jeep. We drove a straight sixteen hours and stopped somewhere in south western Illinois. The next day we switched drivers and drove a full twenty four hours to Utah. We stopped and then finished out the trip with seventeen hours of driving to L.A. We finally got to my father's mansion in Beverly Hills past two in the morning and began moving our boxes in.

         I set the guitars by the stairs followed by the boys with boxes. We turned to leave the house when we heard someone coming down the stairs. "Hey guys!" Harry, Niall, and I turned around all at the same time. What Liam said had been meant for all three of us but his chocolate eyes were only on me. I blushed and Niall and Harry gave me a confused look.

    I felt obligated to answer for the boys; "Hey Liam!" I said with an earnest smile. Liam didn't bother to address Niall or Harry so they slowly backed away from Liam and I and ran outside. There was an awkward silence as Liam stuffed his hands in his pockets and I fiddled with my thumbs. "Sooo...." He started, rocking back and forth on his heels. "Umm... What room did you choose?" I asked, looking up at him. He smiled; "One of the rooms on the third floor." 'Awww shit' I thought. There were only two rooms on the third floor and one of them was mine. "Which one did you choose?" I asked. "The one on the left, the other one already had stuff in it."

 "Yeah... That's my room."

      I said with a small smile. "Ohhh.... Well you have some good records." He said, grinning shyly and looking into my eyes. My stomach dropped. "You looked through my stuff?" Liam blushed and shrugged his shoulders. "I just opened the closet and saw the music and books and clothes, so I moved my stuff into the other room." Liam smirked with honesty. "Oh.." I said, my smile returning. "So... You need help with those boxes?" He said to me, gesturing to my brother and Harry coming in through the front door with their arms full. "Yeah... Thanks." I gave him a smile as he took my boxes from the boys, me taking two off of the floor.

     I set the boxes down on my floor and turned to leave. Liam grabbed my arm and pulled me back into the room. He squeezed me in a tight embrace and pressed his cheek to my forehead. I hugged him back. "Would it be weird to say that I missed you?" He whispered into my ear, his accented voice sending chills down my spine.

I laughed into the crook of his neck.

"No... I mean it feels like we've spent a lot of time together. Even if it was just for a night."

"Oh... Yeah.."

Liam sounded somewhat disappointed, I could hear the frown in his voice. I smiled and kissed his cheek. "I missed you too, Liam." I was rewarded with a smile and a kiss on the forehead. We stood like that for what seemed like forever before I remembered that Niall and Harry would be waiting for me to take the boxes.

     I let go of Liam and straightened myself up. He had had his eyes closed, but they flashed open when I moved. His arms remained stiffened around me. "We gotta go, Liam." I said, pushing myself away from him with no success. His eyes darkened like they had at the graduation and his jaw tightened. He wouldn't release me from his iron like grip.

    Fear filled my body as I worried what Liam's next move would be. He must've seen the terror in my eyes because confusion flashed over his face and the darkness left his eyes and the crinkles of his angelic face, but I did not relax. Liam pulled me to his chest even tighter and stroked my hair gently. I remained frozen, shaken with dread. Liam's voice broke the silence; "Why..... Why are you so frightened of me..?" Curiosity filled his British voice, along with hurt. But all of it was calm.

       He wasn't angry. He wasn't going to hurt me. My tenseness was released and Liam rubbed my shoulders. "You don't.... You don't scare me... It's just- just a long story." "Oh.." I was happy that Liam wasn't going to question me. "Okay, let's go." I said abruptly, pushing Liam away and wiping the budding tears away from the edge of my eyes. Liam let me go. I ran down stairs and grabbed some more boxes and ran back up. Liam and I went back and forth without speaking to each other, but he stared the entire time.

       I was fully awake despite my long hours of driving, so I unpacked my boxes and began to organize my things. Liam had gone to help Niall and Harry, leaving me all alone on the third floor. I put my Florence and The Machine vinyl on my record player and continued unpacking. I didn't hear my door open or Liam come in until he was right behind me. I jumped and turned around quickly. He had brought in my guitars and placed them on my bed.

      He sat on the edge of it and balanced his weight backwards on his hands. "My God this bed is huge!" Liam said. "Well, it's a California King Bed." I replied with a small smile, referring to my enormous bed that took up most of the room. He nodded. "Every room has one. Or at least a king sized bed." I added. "Really? Mine doesn't seem that big.." Liam answered. "Oh? Let me see." I said, jumping up and motioning for him to follow me to the other room. I opened the door and turned on the light. 

     I walked to his bed and jumped on it, my face to the celeling. Liam followed me into the room hesitantly with his hands in his pockets. He laid right beside me and propped himself up on his elbow. "Your bed is a king." I said, turning to the brown haired boy next to me.He smiled one of his best smiles, one that made his eyes crinkle up and his dimple appear.

     I reflected his smile and he scooted himself closer to me. "Think we could try that kiss again..? The first one was... Amazing." I blushed and Liam tangled his fingers in my light brown hair that was blondish-red in the sun. I reached my small hand up and stroked his cheek, prickly with stubble. Liam snaked his hand around my waist to the small of my back and pulled me closer to him.

         He leaned his lips close to mine but pulled away at the last second. Liam pressed his forehead onto mine, the tips of our noses touching. "I like you, Jasper. You're... Different." "How so?" I said, reaching my lips to his and stealing a quick kiss that sent electricity through my body. Liam didn't seem surprised until I pulled away. Just as his lips began to lock with mine.

      He twirled his finger through my hair, closing his brown eyes. I closed mine too and let the sound of his voice wash over me. "You're funny, and intelligent. But there's something else.... I can't tell what it is, but it's magnetizing. And it's just that one thing too. It's like i need it.... Over the past few days... I couldn't stop thinking about you. I've been dreaming about you.... A lot.... And up in my head... I feel like we're together... Like I'm you're boyfriend. If that's not too creepy..."

      Liam's body started to drift away from me, embarrassment in his voice. I locked my fingers around his neck and pressed his forehead back onto mine. My eyes were still closed as I began to run my fingers through his short hair. "It's not creepy... I've been the same way." I said, opening my eyes and smiling. Liam relaxed and closed in on me.

     He pressed my body to his and leaned his lips to mine. He ran his thick fingers up and down my spine, making me shiver. He kissed me forcefully, our lips locked. I continued to run my fingers through his hair and over his ears, finally wrapping my arms around his neck. Liam rested his hands on the small of my back, pulling my body even closer to his.

     I wrapped one leg over his waist and dug deeper into the kiss. Liam bit the edge of my bottom lip gingerly and forced his tongue in my mouth. The kiss was much better than the first one and gave me even more fireworks in my stomach. This kiss sent a raging heat through my chest, like some unknown space had been filled. I loved every bit of it.