Chapter 13: Bacon.

Liam's arms that were wrapped tightly around me had gone loose and his breathing slowed. His eyes had closed and his heartbeat had turned to a steady hum. I snuggled up to his chest, pressing my ear against his heart. Liam sighed in his sleep and pressed his cheek to my forehead, tightening his grip on me. I yawned and started slipping away to sleep, before I remembered I was in Liam's bed. I would be hanged if my dad or anyone else in the house saw me even a foot away from Liam, let alone sleeping with him in his bed barely even two inches apart.

     I started to pull myself away. Liam grunted and his heart beat quickened. His arms pulled me back to him and he rested his chin on my head, refusing to budge. It wasn't like I was protesting. I squeezed him back and nuzzled his neck, getting comfortable. I was instantly drawn to sleep, not needing a blanket because Liam was feverishly warm.

     The bright Californian sun blinded my drowsy eyes. I stretched and extended my arms in every direction, feeling around for Liam. I sat up and looked around. I was in my own room. In my own bed, without Liam. I slid out of the monstrous bed, my bare feet meeting the plush white carpet. I was in my clothes from a few hours ago and I probably needed a shower, but hunger overcame my need for hygiene so I headed downstairs.

      I had just reached the bottom of the stairs on the second floor when Niall's door opened. His dyed blonde hair stood up in every direction and his clothes were wrinkled. He rubbed his eyes, stretched, and yawned all at the same time. "Did you just wake up?" I asked. "Yeah." He grunted. There it was again, that weird connection between my twin and I. I woke up, so he woke up. It happened constantly whenever Niall and I slept in the same house together.

        The two of us stumbled drunkly down the grand stair case of the mansion. The main room had huge glass windows from floor to celeling. The room had a kitchen/dining area and a small living room merged together. Harry sat on a couch just in his boxers watching something stupid on T.V. Liam was in the kitchen, doing something at the stove. The smell of juicy bacon sizzling overwhelmed my nose. Niall and I gave each other a quick glance and then raced each other downstairs over to Liam. We sat at the large island centered in the kitchen and waited for Liam to be finished.

       I stood up and walked over to him and reached for four plates out of the cabinet. I almost dropped the platters when I saw that Liam was shirtless. He was looking down at his work with the bacon so I stole quick glances at his toned torso.

         "Damn'..." I breathlessly whispered. "What?" Liam asked, looking up at me. My cheeks flushed and I conjured up a quick excuse. "Damn'.... That's some good smelling bacon!" I said, rocking back and forth on my heels, avoiding Liam's eyes. He smiled and looked back at the sizzling meat. "Sure, Jasper. Sure." He let out a quick laugh and I walked away, setting the plates on the island. Whew... Dodged a bullet. I thought.

     I sat back by Niall and realized that he also was without a shirt. "God damn'." I said loudly, assuming my father wasn't home. "What's with everybody being half naked?!" I asked. "I got bacon grease on my shirt..." Liam replied, shrugging. "It's hottttt." Niall whined. "I don't like clothes!" Harry yelled from the living area. I laughed and took my seat. "How come you're NOT half naked?" Niall retaliated jokingly, raising his eyebrows and snapping his fingers. Liam turned around and smirked; "Yeah Jasper, why not?" I narrowed my eyes at him. He grinned, winked, and then turned back around.