24

CHAPTER 24

ANUJ'S APARTMENT

After cake cutting, everyone gathered for Malavika's ceremony. Anuj didn't know what to perform in the god bharai ceremony, so he took Kanta Maa's help, and she told him all the rituals that were performed in the god bharai ceremony. One by one, everyone gave her blessings and gifts. Anupama was happy and emotional to see Malavika's happiness. In these past 3 months, she has formed a bond with her and Kabir, and she is happy that she is getting the love of her family. Now its Anupama's turn to give her blessings, but Anuj stopped her!

Anuj-Anupama will not give her blessings.

Malivika-Bhai, what are you talking about? Why will Anu not give me blessings? She has every right to give me and my baby blessings.

Anuj, but I want her to give you blessings as your Bhabhi, not as your Kabir sister!

Malvika: But bhai!

She didn't realize what he said for a minute, but when she saw her brother grining ear to ear, she realized what he said.

Malvika-Bhai, are you serious? Anu will be my bhabhi!

Everyone cheers, except Anupama! She doesn't know how to react to this new information. So she left from there!

Everyone saw her leaving, and no one stopped her. They all know that she needs some time.

Anuj: Did I do something wrong?

Pakhi: Buddy, you didn't do anything wrong; Mummy needs some time. Don't worry, we are with you.

Samar-Sweety is right, Anuj. You should go and explain your point of view; I'm sure Mummy will understand.

Devika, lover boy, go and announce your 26-year-old love.

After Anuj left, Devika-Varun arranged some snacks and some games for the family.

NEAR THE PARK

Anupama was sitting in the park near her apartment, She felt bad to leave the ceremony but she couldn't stay there after what she heard. She was waiting for this moment, but after what Anuj told her that day, she was hesitant to even think about it. She is in love with him and wants to spend the rest of her life with him, but she doesn't know if he even wants this or not, and he didn't even apologize to her and just announced it in the ceremony. (Pagal Bholuram chasmish kapadia)

When Anupama was scolding Anuj in her mind, Anuj sat beside her silently.

Anuj, if you are done scolding me in your mind, can we talk?

Anupama was startled to hear him!

Anupama, why have you always scared me?

Anuj-Sorry! And I am also sorry for all the hurtful things that I said to you. Anu, you have every right over me. If it's not yours, then whose will it be? I have been in love with you for the past 26 years. I know I shouldn't have yelled at you and shouldn't have said those hurtful things to you. And I am genuinely sorry, Anu, and I promise I will never say all those things to you ever again.

Just one genuine apology, and Anupama melted.

Anupama, and I am sorry too. I shouldn't have pushed you to talk to Mukku; I should have given you some time. I know how much you were craving to talk to her. And I am sorry for giving you the silent treatment.

Anupama hugged him tightly and cried in his arms. She missed his warmth; she doesn't like to stay away from him. And she is glad that they made up.

Anuj, so will you marry me, Ms. Joshi?

Anupama: Yes, Mr. Kapadia, I will marry you.

FINALLY!

MAAN WEDDING IS ON THE WAY!