25

NEAR THE PARK

Anupama spent some quality time with her fiancé, Anuj. She was on cloud nine; she was giggling like a teenage girl, thinking about how Anuj proposed to her for marriage. But the sudden realization hit her; she didn't even think about her family or her kids, Maa and Bapuji, before saying yes to Anuj. This was the second time in her life that she made the decision herself. Now she is feeling guilty. Anuj realized that Anupama was tensed seeing her shivering hands.

Anuj: What happened? Why are you so stressed?

Anupama- I didn't even talk to anyone before saying yes to you. What if they have some issues with our relationship? What if they don't give their blessings?

Anuj cupped her face and told her to look at him in the eyes. She looked at him with adoration.

Anuj-Anu, do you trust me?

Anupama- yes!

Anuj: Before asking you to marry me, I asked your loved ones for their permission. I know how much you love and respect them. Everyone agreed, but Paritosh and Baa!

Anupama, what about them?

Anuj: They didn't say anything—neither yes nor no!

Anuj- I can understand Toshu's dilemma; it's not easy to see their mother getting married a second time with three adult kids. I hope he understands our relationship and gives his approval. And about Baa!!

Anupamaa-Her opinion doesn't matter; she was also against my decision when I wanted to give divorce to Vanraj Shah. She always thinks about her son's happiness, so it doesn't matter if she approves or not. For me in that family, my kids and bapuji matter.

Anuj: Then it's final; we are getting married! The right Mrs. would be Kapadia!

Anupama: Right, Mr. would be a husband.

AFTER SOME TIME

ANUJ'S APARTMENT

When MaAn reached there, they were shocked to see the chaos happening in the house. Everyone is arguing about something.

Anuj- What's happening here?

Devika- We are debating who will be on which team, as in TEAM BRIDE & TEAM GROOM.

Mukku: I will be on Anu's team.

Anuj: Excuse me, you are my sister; you will be on my team.

Mukku: No way, Bhai, I will be on Anu's team. She is my sweetheart.

Kabir: So what? I will be on Anuj Bhai's team. He is my brother-in-law.

Samar-Nandu, whose side will you choose?

Nandini, who was on video call, chose Anu's side.

After her reply, everyone started arguing about how every girl is on Anu's side.

GK- ENOUGH!

Everyone felt silent after hearing GK's angry voice.

Bapuji: Why are you all fighting like kids? Both of them are in our family; you can choose anyone's side. But I will be on my daughter's side.

Kanta maa—so I will be on my son's side.

Anupamaa- Maa!!

Anuj: Yeah, Maa is on our side.

So after lots of arguing, it was decided that all the girls would be on Anupama's side and all the boys would be on Anuj's side, and it was also decided that all the girls would shift to Anupama's place

Kabir, I will miss you. Mukku!

Mukku-Kabir, you are just two floors away. Don't be so dramatic.

Kabir, won't you miss me?

Mukku- No!

Kabir, you are so heartless, baby. I am hurt!

Mukku—such a dramatic husband I have. Okay. Okay, Mr. Husband, I will miss you so much. Now its fine.

Kabir- Yes.

Devika was giggling at Mukku and Kabir's cute fight. Varun stood besides her.

Devika: They are so cute.

Varun: Not more than us.

Devika was startled with the sudden noise (just like her best friend)

Devika: Why do you have to always stand like a zombie besides me and scare me all the time?

Varun- sorry. But you didn't answer my question, which I had asked you before. About US.

Devika-.......?

How's the chapter?