Ch. 5 ~ Free as a bird

Ayan's POV

Even though I was sure I moved somewhere with Alan... it began to get worse when I went back to school. My mind was too occupied by thoughts how is Alan doing on his own and I was zoning out in my classes... Alan's situation started projecting on me as well.

"Ayan! This is the third time during class that you haven't been paying attention! Should I send you to the headmaster?!" I was irritated by her shouting.

"I can hear you well, Teacher, and you don't have to send me, I'm going on my own!" I said and walked away from the class... I always handled the old hag well but I've been feeling stressed lately.

When I knocked on the Headmaster's door, he invited me in almost immediately.

"Oh, Ayan... are you still zoning out?"

"So she told you... I meant the teacher."

"I've been informed about your weird behavior but I wouldn't call your mother because of that... you are probably going through the same situation as Akk." Right... when he was forced to come out.

"I've been really stressed lately, sir, so I can't focus in my classes. I feel like... I can't handle it." He smiled.

"It's great that you are honest to yourself. If it's really like what you are saying, I'll let you take sick days but your mother will still have to excuse you... maybe you should talk about it with her." I slightly smiled and nodded. During the break, I called my therapist if I could come sooner but for my bad luck, she didn't have any free date for me. Damn...

When I was about to leave school, I noticed that Akk was waiting for me. It actually surprised me because usually he doesn't seem to want to spend more time with me than he has to.

"Akk, are you waiting for me?"

"Actually yes... I've been worried about you." I smirked.

"If you are doing your duty as a prefect, just let me be, I'm fine."

"No! I'm doing my duty as your friend!" I widely opened my eyes.

"Today we are going shopping with Chon so I thought if you'd want to join us."

"And be your third-wheeler again? No, thanks."

"But you really look like... me before everything settled down. Come on, you can buy something for Alan as well."

"How did you-?"

"I think he's the only one who could make you feel like this... overpowered." I gulped.

"Well, you nailed it... do you know more about his boyfriend?"

"I don't think I know more than you, I just know he left him for another man." Just this?!

"Hah, so you don't even know that shit head keeps visiting him!"

"Wait! How can you know it?!" Damn.

"I'm... living next to him. In a flat. It's a coincidence, I assure you!"

"I see so he wanted to run away from the pain... that's actually some progress."

"Can you tell me how he was right after break-up?" He gulped.

"I don't think you want to know..."

"Tell me, Akk!" I shook his shoulder and he stroked his forehead.

"Geez, fine... their relationship was already dead but they kept living together... it wasn't good for neither of them. Alan must have been getting false hopes from that and Wen was casually sleeping with others but Alan mentioned they kept sleeping together as well... he wasn't aware of Wen's flings but then he found out about his current boyfriend. I think that he even ended up in the hospital... Alan was too impulsive. Then he was drowned in alcohol for some time till he finally left Pattaya..." So he knew more in the end... my blood was boiling in my veins... how could he fucking sleep with him when he knew he doesn't want him?! He was toying with his feelings the whole time and because he got used to his presence, he couldn't freaking leave him alone-!