Ch. 18 ~ Be gay, do crimes (18+)

Ayan's POV

I drove to Alan's place and planned to call my mom again I wouldn't come for dinner even today but Alan didn't want to "steal" my family time.

"Look, my mom is fine and you didn't feel well at the meeting so I'm staying with you."

"Are you sure she won't mind?" I shook my head.

"No, I'm with you so she doesn't have to worry. When Uncle Di died... I used to spend nights over at my friends' and didn't tell her. I was giving her a bigger hell than this and she knows she can trust you."

"I'll call her myself to apologize then." He already pulled out his phone and I grabbed his wrist when we were still in the car.

"Are you sure? You shouldn't stress."

"This is just a call. It's the least I can do." He slightly smiled and I let him call her but I still wanted to hear their conversation.

"Hello, Mrs. Sukkhaphisit?"

"I told you to call me Mae, Alan."

"I... I wanted to apologize for not letting you know Ayan would stay with me yesterday."

"That's alright, I know him, he still could call but, Alan, make sure my son will return in a perfect state-."

"Mom!" I shouted and she giggled. How could she immediately know which one of us is taking the bigger damage?

"Ayan, you have no right to oppose! I know why I shouldn't let you live alone! You are lucky Alan is with you!" She has no trust in me... but Alan put his hand on my shoulder.

"I'll take care of him, Mae... and return him in perfect state."

"I trust you, Alan. And tomorrow come with him. I want to talk to both of you about your future." Future?! Wait... wait..., should I go for the rings?

"Your educational future, Ayan."

"Mom! Why are you ruining this for me?!" I almost had it!

"As I said, I know you well! You fall in love and stop caring about the qualities in your life but I have to make sure you'll have a bright future without depending on anyone!" She made me speechless. Alan too... he'd tell her he'd take care of me financially for sure but she was right, I could not depend on him in this matter.

"Yes, Mom..." I said and she was satisfied. This was the old mom I knew... the one who wasn't worried to death about me every day and the one I could laugh with. Maybe my happiness makes her happy as well.

"Thank you for trusting me, Ma. I'm looking forward to the dinner. I could also offer you my help if you needed a creditor analyst."

"Oh, it'll be a family dinner. Leave your work where it belongs and don't stress about it. If I needed help, I'd visit you at your work." I'm sure Mom wanted to learn more about Al and his work was the last thing on her mind. I just hope she won't ask any sensitive theme.

"Come tomorrow at 7 pm, alright? And you, Ayan, listen to everything Alan says! I won't bother you anymore so have a nice evening." We said goodbye to her and then hang up. She doesn't know I know what works on him, heh.

I helped Alan get out the car and opened the door for him. Then I lead him straight to his bedroom and brought him a glass of water. I also went to the bathroom to wash his body with a handkerchief soaked in hot water.

I saw him lying on his bed and taking deep breaths. He had to be exhausted from the anxiety and so I came to him to unbutton his shirt and unbuckle his pants to make him feel relaxed.