Ch. 26 ~ Last option

Alan's POV

I rushed out of Aye's office to go to the headquarters which I visited just when I applied for the job. Now I'm visiting the place again with the same anxiety. I just... had to stick to my plan.

I knocked on the door to the management director's office and he let me sit on his chair.

"Sit down please, Mr. Lertwongsa." I gulped and sat down. My hands were shaking.

"I think I know why I was called here, personally." He had his own secretary but this time he called me himself which made me concerned.

"I need you here urgently. I've got one version of the story so I'd like here yours." He was unexpectedly calm. True professional. He pointed at a glass of water in front of me and I quickly drank it.

"I don't know what you've been told but first you should know about this." I showed him one torn poster and he gave it just one look.

"I know about this... unfortunately, someone is using this photo to prove you are protecting your department's secretary. If it's not too personal, may I ask about your relationship with this man?" I gulped again. I shouted so loud and scared them. They still had guts to do this but I had to stay calm.

"It's true that we are an official couple but trust me, I wouldn't start anything with anyone in my workplace. I've known Ayan and dated him for much longer. I've known him before I started working here but he's not going to stay here. He's just a replacement for our actual secretary who's going to return after she gets the right cure."

"Thank you for telling me, it's actually none of my business but since I've been dragged into this... I need to know all of the facts. I actually appreciate your work, Mr. Lertwongsa, but cases like this are not good for your reputation so it'd be good if this was the last time I hear a complaint about you.
Let's get to the point now, your partner apparently attacked one of our workers and I even saw his black eye, what's true about this?" Here it is, I have to lie and hope he'll take my side.

"It is true that he hit him but he is not the one who started it. I witnessed how my colleague was insulting him and... even molested him. Of course I rushed in but my partner was faster and hit my colleague. He can't prove it though but it's not the first time this man did something like this. He's been harassing my respectful colleague Sally but she never filed a complaint about it as she was scared no one would believe her. She is not here today but you can ask her about it. I don't think this behavior belongs here, sir."

"I'm just going to ask you... you aren't lying for the sake of your partner? That's all I want to know."

"No, sir, it's true." Not all of it.

"All right, thank you for your cooperation. You can go."

"And... what will happen now? Who will be punished?"

"We'll decide about that but unlike you, that man had more problems with his colleagues so I don't think it should take a long time. Also I'd like to tell you that our private matters don't belong into work. This photo... but also your behavior around your partner. Someone said you've been slacking on your work because you spent more time in your secretary's office. Of course, I'm not judging you for anything. I'm just warning you to stay professional so someone couldn't take advantage of it and take you down. I don't want to lose you in my team, Mr. Lertwongsa." I nodded and thanked him. It went better than I expected but those guys seriously... I can't believe such a childish behavior is accepted in this workplace. We should clear it for better review from our clients.

I couldn't visit Ayan, not now. I had to return and do my work if I didn't want to make it worse. I called the clients who were waiting for me in and dealt with their financial issues. I must stay professional for his sake as well.