Ch. 14 ~ Only yours pt. 1 (18+)

Alan's POV

Ayan tried to hide it but I knew very well it was his birthday. I was just too occupied by my mind at the moment but once we stepped out of the Cafe, I wanted to celebrate it with him.

"Ayan, do you still have a little time?"

"For you? All the time in the world!" He smirked and I chuckled. I need to cherish him. To not let him walk away.

"Come with me," I said and led him to the jewelry store which I've been observing on my way back to my apartment from work.

It wasn't that far away from the Cafe and so we walked there.

"Jewelry store?" I nodded and led him in.

"Good afternoon, welcome to our store. Is there anything I can help you with?" The cashier didn't waste anytime and I was glad for it.

"I'm looking for promise rings, could you show me some?" She nodded and let us see several different ones.

"P-promise rings? Why would you buy it, Alan?" I smiled.

"It's your birthday... of course I want to give you something."

"Huh? How did you-."

"Social media. You've got it on your Instagram." He face-palmed and I smirked.

"Would you like simple rings with or without any ornament and stones?"

"What do you say, Ayan?" He grinned and looked at the sets.

"Then these silver rings with a quote for soulmates under it." Half of the quote was written on one ring and the other one on the second ring.

"We accept the love~."

"~we think we deserve." We both read.

"But that's a quote from The Perks Of Being A Wallflower." He smiled.

"I know, it's the book I gave you and now you'll give me a ring with the quote from it. Isn't it genius?" How can a book connect us like this?

"You know, Alan, at first I was like Charlie. I liked you but you were pushing me away due to my age and thought about a guy who treated you so badly. Just like Sam did to Charlie but unlike him I was lucky." He grabbed my hand and the young lady closely watched us.

"Watching you like this, don't you want engagement rings?" Our hands seperated as we were too embarrassed at the moment... we didn't even have our first night together, how could we be engaged already? Still... engaging to him is definitely not out of question, we just need to settle down with out lives and he has to experience a lot of things before tying the knot.

"N-no, we haven't been dating for a long time. Promise rings are enough." I said and Ayan smiled.

"Alright, I'll give you a box to it for free. It'll be 30 000 baht." I nodded and paid for it with my credit card though Ayan didn't look twice happy when we were leaving.

"Is something wrong?"

"I'm happy! It's just... it's really expensive." I giggled.

"And I thought I gave too little for it, that you could feel offended."

"Offended?! No way! You are treating me like a sugar daddy and I should feel offended?! I just feel bad... that I didn't pay anything for it."

"Ayan, you are my boyfriend. Of course I want to cherish you and give you expensive gifts. It's your birthday today and you completely deserve it. I bought it for both of us and wanted to make you feel happy." He smiled and hugged me from behind. More like, he jumped on my back.