Chapter 10 : Tangled Emotions

Ohm's words hung in the air, leaving Book stunned. He stood there, visibly tense, as Chen, worried, kept pressing for an explanation.

Chen: "Book, what happened? Why are you so quiet?"

Book, almost in a daze, managed to stammer out a request amidst the chaos in his mind.

Book: "Chen, please, just take me to the hospital."

Chen, sensing the urgency, nodded without further inquiry.
Tears rolled down Book's face during the car drive, a silent testimony to the turmoil within him. Chen, glancing at Book, placed a reassuring hand on his shoulder.

Chen: "We'll get through this. Stay strong."

Arriving at the hospital, Book practically sprinted inside. Near the reception, he sought information about Force, directed promptly to his room. Ohm spotted Book's arrival and rushed to him, enveloping him in a hug.

Ohm: "Book, it's going to be okay."

Book, frightened, urgently asked about Force's condition.

Book: "Ohm, how is Force? What's happening?"

Ohm, with a solemn expression, conveyed the critical situation.

Ohm: "The doctors say it's still critical. Force is in surgery."

Book, numb with shock, collapsed to the ground, tears streaming down his face.

Book: "This is my fault. I caused this."

Ohm, kneeling beside him, tried to reassure.

Ohm: "No, Book. It wasn't your mistake. Force was driving recklessly."

Chen observed from a distance, concern etched on his face.
After what felt like an eternity, doctors emerged from the operation theatre. Book rushed towards them, desperate for news.

Doctor: "Force is out of danger, but he's still unconscious. It might take some time."

Relief washed over Book, but the unopened eyes cast a shadow of sadness. Ohm placed a comforting hand on Book's shoulder.

Ohm: "Let's go inside and check on Force."

Book hesitated.

Book: "I can't face him. It's my fault."

Ohm turned to Chen, recognizing the need for support.

Ohm: "Chen, please look after Book. He's not in the right state of mind."

Chen: "Don't worry. I'll take care of him."

As Ohm went to check on Force, Chen comforted Book, who cried out his guilt.

Chen: "Book, listen to me. It's not your fault. Force was careless. You can't blame yourself for this."

Book, still sobbing, finally found solace in Chen's embrace. Chen held him tightly, offering silent comfort until Book, emotionally exhausted, drifted into a tearful sleep on his chest.

apologies, everyone, for the delayed story updates. i've been occupied with semester exams and wanted to prioritize them. now that the exams are over, i'll be updating the story every week. thanks a lot to those who stuck around, and for anyone wanting to connect, feel free to follow me on instagram @dearlynamjoon, where i'm more active. hope you enjoyed the latest chapter. xoxo