Chapter 21 : Midnight Departure

The night had woven its tendrils around the city, casting shadows that danced across the dimly lit room where Book and Force sat in quiet companionship.

Book, feeling a semblance of strength returning to him, resolved to take his leave, not wanting to impose further on Force's hospitality.

With a soft smile playing on his lips, Book turned to Force, his voice carrying a mixture of gratitude and determination. "I believe it's time for me to bid farewell, Force. I appreciate everything you've done, but I mustn't overstay my welcome."

Force's brows furrowed slightly, a flicker of disappointment crossing his features. "Are you sure, Book? I've enjoyed having you here. You're not a burden."

Book shook his head, his resolve unwavering. "I appreciate your kindness, Force, truly. But I must venture forth on my own path now."

Chen, ever the mediator, interjected, his voice calm and diplomatic. "Perhaps I could accompany Book home, Force. It's the least I can do."

Force's curiosity piqued at Chen's sudden appearance. "How did you get here, Chen?"

Chen shrugged casually. "Ohm dropped me off earlier, but he had to leave. So, I'm without a ride now."

Understanding dawned on Force, and he turned to Chen with a determined expression. "In that case, you should take my car, Chen. Ensure Book reaches home safely."

Chen hesitated, shaking his head. "I appreciate the offer, Force, but an Uber will suffice. It's no trouble."

Force insisted, pressing the car keys into Chen's hand. "Nonsense. My car will be more comfortable and secure. Take it."

Meanwhile, Book observed their exchange in silence, torn between gratitude for Force's concern and a desire for independence.

When Force turned to him, urging him to reconsider public transportation, Book spoke up, his voice gentle yet firm. "Thank you, Force, but I prefer to take the public bus. It's late, and the buses will be nearly empty. I could use the fresh air."

Chen's eyes twinkled with amusement, recognizing Book's subtle invitation to spend more time together. With a knowing smile, he accepted Book's decision, eager for the chance to accompany him.

With a final embrace and words of gratitude, Book bid Force farewell, leaving the room with Chen by his side.

As they disappeared into the night, Force couldn't shake the pang of jealousy that tugged at his heart. Bangkok may never sleep, but neither did the longing in Force's chest for Book's company....