Chapter 20 : Entwined Hearts

Chen: "That's because I love him and I don't want
him to get hurt!'

Force gasped, his heart sinking at Chen's confession. He had always known that Chen cared deeply for Book, but hearing the words spoken so earnestly brought a pang of jealousy and self-doubt.

Chen: "I've always cared deeply for Book. You know that."

Force struggled to find his words, feeling inadequate in comparison to Chen's unwavering affection.

Force: "I... I didn't realize it was this serious, Chen."

Chen: "Don't say that, Force. You care for Book too."

Force remained silent, his mind racing with thoughts of his own shortcomings.

Chen: "I know you love Book too, Force. It's okay."

Force glanced at Book, who lay sleeping nearby with tear-stained cheeks, a reminder of the pain he had caused.

Chen: "I'm not sure what the future holds for us. Book might choose you over me, but I want to pursue him genuinely."

Force managed a faint smile, his uncertainty mirrored in Chen's words.

Force: "Yeah... I guess we'll see."

Ohm observed quietly from the corner, understanding the complexities of their feelings but choosing to remain silent.

After several hours passed, Book stirred awake, blinking sleepily as he took in his surroundings.

Book: *slowly opens his eyes*

Chen, who had been dozing beside him, woke up with a start, concern etched on his face.

Chen: "Book, how are you feeling?"

Book: *ignores the question* "How's Force?"

Chen: "He's fine, Book. Don't worry."

Just then, Force entered the room, drawn by the sound of voices.

Force: "Book, are you okay?" *he rushes to Book's side, concern evident in his voice*

Book smiled weakly, reaching out to grasp Force's hand.

Book: "I'm fine. How about you, Force?"

Chen watched the exchange silently, his heart heavy with uncertainty.

The room was filled with a sense of tenderness and understanding as the trio grappled with their emotions, unsure of what the future held for their tangled relationship with Book.