Chapter 16 : Unexpected Encounters

Force couldn't shake off the nerves as he prepared for the day ahead. Ohm's encouraging words echoed in his mind, pushing him to take a leap of faith with Book.

Clad in a crisp white shirt paired with blue jeans and dabbed with the fragrance Book adored, Force set out towards his destiny.

Pulling up in front of Book's house, Force's heart raced with anticipation. He hoped that today would mark the beginning of something special between them. As Book emerged, his expression was a mixture of surprise and confusion.

"Force?" Book questioned, his voice tinged with disbelief.

"Hey, Book!" Force greeted him with a warm smile, waving eagerly from the driver's seat. "Need a ride to work?"

Book hesitated, glancing around as if searching for an escape. "Uh, no, I'm good. Just gonna call an Uber."

Undeterred, Force stepped out of the car and urged Book to join him. "Come on, it'll be fun! We can catch up on the way."

Book shifted uncomfortably, clearly torn between politeness and reluctance. "I... I don't know, Force. I really should..."

But Force wasn't about to take no for an answer. "Nonsense! Hop in, it'll be a blast."

After a tense standoff, Book reluctantly agreed to accompany Force.

During the drive, Force attempted to break the ice, initiating conversations about personal matters.

"So, tell me about your parents," Force ventured, trying to ease the tension.

Book's response was clipped. "They're fine. Thanks for asking."

Despite Book's guarded demeanor, Force pressed on, determined to make the most of their time together.

Upon arriving at the company, Book hastily thanked Force and made a swift exit. Although the car ride hadn't gone as planned, Force found solace in the brief moments they shared.

Brimming with excitement, Force recounted the encounter to Ohm, who shared in his joy. Their bond strengthened by the shared experience, Ohm couldn't help but feel happy for Force.

Yet, as they passed by the cafeteria, Ohm's smile faltered. His gaze fell upon Book, locked in an embrace with Chen, stirring a whirlwind of conflicting emotions within him.

There was a tear rolling down Force eyes.....