Chapter 18 : Reverberations

Inside the dimly lit room, Force sat hunched over, his body racked with silent sobs. Tears cascaded down his cheeks as memories of Book, his dear friend, flooded his mind. The image of Chen and Book embracing each other, their closeness a cruel reminder of what Force had lost, felt like a dagger through his heart.

"Why did you have to leave, Book?" Force whispered to the empty room, his voice barely audible over the sound of his own anguish.

Meanwhile, Ohm's footsteps echoed through the corridors of the company as he frantically searched for Force. His worry grew with each passing moment, his mind racing with concern for his friend's well-being.

"Force! Where are you?" Ohm called out, his voice tinged with urgency.

In another corner of the office, Book sat with Fluke by his side. Despite his efforts to appear composed, a storm raged within him. Ohm's cryptic words about Force's changing behavior weighed heavily on his mind, leaving him bewildered and unsettled.

"You seem troubled, Book. What's on your mind?" Fluke asked, his voice filled with genuine concern as he placed a comforting hand on Book's shoulder.

Book looked up, his eyes clouded with confusion as he attempted to mask his true emotions behind a forced smile.

"Oh, it's nothing, Fluke," Book replied, his voice unconvincing even to his own ears. "Just lost in my thoughts, that's all."

Meanwhile, after what felt like an eternity of solitude, Force finally emerged from his self-imposed isolation. His eyes were red-rimmed from hours of weeping, his once-strong demeanor now fragile and vulnerable.

Dunk, Force's co-star, was taken aback by his friend's appearance, his concern evident in his voice.

"Force, what happened to you?" Dunk asked, his voice laced with worry.

But Force brushed past Dunk, his movements curt and dismissive as he made his way out of the office.

"None of your business, Dunk," Force snapped, his tone sharp and cold. "Just leave me alone."

As Force left, Book watched him go, a sense of unease settling over him like a heavy shroud. Dunk approached Book, his expression dark with concern.

"What's wrong with Force?" Book asked, his voice filled with genuine worry.

Dunk's face was etched with worry as he replied, "He's not okay, Book. He's been snapping at everyone."

Ohm, who had been listening nearby, interjected with a sense of urgency in his voice.

"Force is heading home, and he's in a terrible state of mind," Ohm exclaimed. "What if he drives recklessly again?"

A wave of alarm washed over Book as he realized the gravity of the situation.

"We have to do something," Book said, his voice filled with determination. "We can't let him get hurt again."

Ohm said, "It's in your hands, Book. You're the one who can stop Force."