Chapter 27 : A Decision Deferred

Force stood outside Book's door, his heart pounding with a mixture of jealousy and fear. He clenched his fists, trying to contain the surge of emotions threatening to overwhelm him.

With each passing second, his impatience grew, fueled by the uncertainty gnawing at his mind.

After what felt like an eternity, Book finally opened the door, his expression shifting from surprise to concern as he saw the intensity in Force's eyes.

"Force, what's wrong?" he asked, stepping aside to let him in.

Force entered without a word, his steps heavy with tension.

He ignored Book's offer of water, his gaze fixed on him like a hawk eyeing its prey.

"What's wrong? Are you okay?" Book repeated, his voice laced with worry.

Force scoffed, his voice tinged with bitterness. "Do you really have to ask?" he retorted, his frustration bubbling to the surface. "You know exactly what's wrong."

Book furrowed his brows, confusion clouding his features. "I honestly don't," he admitted, his tone sincere. "Please, talk to me. What's bothering you?"

Force's jaw tensed, his patience wearing thin. "Did Chen propose to you?" he asked, his voice low but filled with intensity.

Book's eyes widened slightly, caught off guard by the directness of the question. He hesitated for a moment before nodding slowly, his heart heavy with guilt.

Force's grip tightened on the edge of the seat, his knuckles turning white. "And what did you say?" he demanded, his voice rising with each word.

Book looked away, unable to meet Force's gaze.

"I... I haven't given him an answer yet," he confessed softly, his voice barely above a whisper.

A surge of relief mixed with anxiety washed over Force, his mind racing with a million thoughts.

"What are you going to say?" he pressed, his voice trembling with emotion.

Book shook his head, his eyes brimming with uncertainty. "I don't know," he admitted, his voice barely audible.

Tears welled up in Force's eyes, his fear of losing Book consuming him from within. He stood up abruptly, his hands trembling with emotion.

"I can't do this," he whispered hoarsely, his voice choked with emotion.

Before he could leave, Book reached out and caught his hand, his touch gentle yet firm.

"Force, please don't go," he pleaded, his eyes pleading for understanding.

Force hesitated, torn between his love for Book and his fear of losing him. He turned to face him, his heart laid bare for the one he held dear.

"I can't bear the thought of losing you," he confessed, his voice raw with emotion. "Please, help me understand."

Book's eyes softened, his heart aching at the pain reflected in Force's eyes.

"I haven't made a decision because... because I care about you, Force," he admitted, his voice wavering with emotion. "I need time to sort out my feelings."

With those words, Force's resolve crumbled, his fear giving way to hope.

He pulled Book into his arms, holding him close as if afraid he might disappear.

In that moment, amidst the chaos of their emotions, they found solace in each other's embrace, their love stronger than ever before.