Chapter 11 : Veil of Amnesia

A month had passed since Force's accident, his unconsciousness haunting Book's every step. Despite going to work, thoughts of Force consumed Book's mind.
Daily visits to the hospital brought the same heartbreaking news – Force hadn't regained consciousness. Chen stood by, a steadfast support, ensuring Book didn't shoulder the blame.

Fans clamored for updates on social media, desperate for news about Force's condition, yet the company remained silent.

Finally, after two and a half agonizing months, Force opened his eyes. His gaze wandered across the room, settling on his mom, dad, and Ohm. The moment Force's eyes flickered open, Ohm sent a text to Book.

Upon reading Ohm's message, Book rushed to the hospital. Bursting into Force's room, Book's eyes met Force's confused gaze. It was a painful realization – Force recognized everyone but him. Desperation filled Book's voice as he spoke to Ohm.

Book: "Why doesn't he remember me, Ohm? What happened?"

Ohm, equally puzzled, tried to explain Force's confusion.

Ohm: "Force, this is Book, your best friend. Remember all the times you guys spent together?"

Force, still bewildered, questioned Ohm.

Force: "Who is he? Why can't I remember him?"

A tear slid down Book's face as he grappled with the heart-wrenching reality. Ohm, perplexed, rushed to the doctor for answers.

Ohm: "Why doesn't Force remember Book? What's happening?"

The doctor, with a heavy sigh, mentioned the possibility of amnesia, uncertain if it was short-term or long-term. Ohm, furious, confronted the doctor.

Ohm: "Why didn't you tell us about this earlier?"

The doctor defended their silence, explaining they couldn't provide false information.

Meanwhile, in the hall, Book sat, unaware of the devastating news, crying in the corner. Ohm faced the dilemma of how to break the painful truth to Book, who had been a constant support for Force throughout their lives.