Chapter 25 : Crossroads of the Heart

Fluke's question kept swirling in Book's mind, each whirl bringing a surge of uncertainty.

"Force or Chen?" Fluke had asked.

Book understood the implication, but he couldn't muster a clear answer, not even to himself.

"Hey, Book, you seem lost in thought," Chen said, breaking through Book's internal turmoil.

Book forced a smile. "Just thinking about dinner tonight. What did you have in mind?"

Chen grinned eagerly. "I was thinking of trying out that new Italian place downtown. What do you say?"

Book hesitated, torn between honesty and politeness. "Sounds good, Chen. I'll meet you there."

Meanwhile, Force poured his heart out to Ohm, his words heavy with longing. "I can't keep waiting, Ohm. I need to tell Book how I feel."

Ohm listened attentively, concern etched on his face. "But do you think it's the right time? What if it's too soon?"

Force shook his head, determination burning in his eyes. "I've waited long enough. I can't risk losing him to someone else."

Across the room, Chen overheard Force's confession, his heart sinking with realization. Tonight, he had to make his move before it was too late...

As the evening approached, Book found himself standing outside the Italian restaurant, nerves fluttering in his stomach.

Chen arrived, a bright smile on his face, unaware of the storm brewing within Book's mind.

"Hey, Book! Ready for dinner?" Chen asked, oblivious to the turmoil in Book's heart.

Book forced a smile, his own plans fading into the background. "Yeah, let's go in."

Inside, amidst the warm ambiance of the restaurant, Chen's excitement bubbled over. "I'm so glad we could do this, Book. I've been wanting to talk to you about something important."

Book's heart skipped a beat, a sense of foreboding settling over him. "What is it, Chen?"

Chen took a deep breath, his gaze unwavering. "Book, I... I have feelings for you. I've been meaning to tell you for a while now, and I couldn't wait any longer. Will you be my boyfriend?"

Book's mind raced, emotions swirling within him. He glanced around, feeling as though the world had suddenly shifted beneath his feet. His own plans forgotten, he faced Chen, his voice barely a whisper. "I... I need some time to think, Chen."

Chen's smile faltered, disappointment flickering in his eyes. "Of course, take all the time you need, Book."

As the weight of Chen's confession settled upon him, Book's thoughts drifted to Force, to the unspoken words lingering between them.

In that moment, amidst the chaos of conflicting emotions, Book realized that the path ahead was uncertain, but one thing remained clear—he had a decision to make, one that would shape the course of his heart.

hey everyone! i hope you're all enjoying the story so far. i'm constantly working to make each chapter better than the last. i can't say for sure how many more chapters there'll be, but i promise to wrap up everyone's story with a happy ending. your support means the world to me, and i'm truly grateful for every read and positive comment. your feedback keeps me inspired to keep writing.

a special shoutout to "Rahilvikasjanvi". your consistent feedback and encouragement have meant everything to me. i'm not sure if you realize it, but you've been such a huge source of motivation. thank you from the bottom of my heart!

love you all !! muahhh 🫶

if you wanna stay connected with me, follow me on instagram @dearlynamjoon :)