𝐒𝐥𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐝𝐞𝐜𝐞𝐢𝐭.

My elbows dug into the dry sand below, licking the ice cream dripping onto my waffle cone, Sophia's speaker blasting music nearby

My elbows dug into the dry sand below, licking the ice cream dripping onto my waffle cone, Sophia's speaker blasting music nearby. I swayed my legs lightly, looking around at the small shops opposite us. The sweet strawberry taste hit the back of my throat, enjoying the sun that shined on my tanned back. A gentle breeze brushing past me every once in a while, my eyes peering up as a shadow appeared in front of me.

"Hello beautiful" Chris smiled, holding a light blue towel.

"Oh hey" I chuckled, sucking my sticky fingers.

"Thought we'd see you again" Freya nudged.

"Well here I am" he laughed, plopping down next to me.

I sat up, admiring his soft features, his beach like hair draped onto his broad shoulder's. He shuffled closer to me, dropping some sand onto my towel as he did so. His arm wrapped behind my back, his long fingers resting on my waist. I moved my gaze to the flowing ocean ahead, bill chasing Lauren like a child. How am I supposed to admire the beach when he's in the way. I scrunched up my face, pulling down my shades that were once on top of my head.

"Lauren?" Chris frowned, raising his eyebrow.

"oh. I didn't know you were coming" she hummed, leaning against bill.

"You know her?" I asked, taking my sunglasses off.

"We dated awhile back" he muttered.

"I can see why, she's stunning" bill snickered, wrapping his arms around her torso.

"yeah I know" Chris laughed.

"Why did you two break up?" Freya questioned, peaking over me.

"She broke up with me because my job was getting in the way" Chris sighed, seeming upset.

I furrowed my brows, annoyed by his expression. Of course she's dated Chris, the one guy who I'm trying to get to know. I slouched back, splatting into the hard sand, closing my eyes. The constant noise from Lauren laughing echoing through my ears, beginning to annoy me.

-𝟏𝟗:𝟎𝟎𝐩𝐦-
I pulled at my tacky dress, my lips pushed up in my reflection. Chris and Georg laughing in the distance, my hands bunching up below my torso. I glanced at myself in the mirror, my nails digging into my stomach. I let out a sigh as footsteps came closer, turning my gaze to Chris.

"Ready to go?" He asked, a smile plastered on his face.

I nodded, picking up my bag as Freya unlocked the door. The rest of our group stood by the elevators, my eyes falling low as we walked ahead. I quickly stumbled into the open elevator, gripping my arms to my cold chest. Lauren stood next to me, shooting a toothy grin before slouching back. I tapped my foot against the floor, awaiting for the doors to open again.

I rushed out after Gustav, leading the way to the entertainment room, a talent show being performed tonight. My heels hit off the marble, creating a distant thud.

"Are you okay?" Chris huffed, running up to me.

"Yeah, I'm just tired from swimming" I shrugged.

"Good, don't worry about Lauren it's in the past." He smiled, gripping at my waist.

I turned my gaze to the big dark room, only lit by a few star lights on the ceiling, tables and chairs spread out all over. A large stage lay at the front, equipment on the floor next to it. I made my way over to the bar as the others sat down, seeking a drink to take the edge off. I plopped down on a stool, my hands planted on the counter.

"What can I get you?" A waiter asked.

"What do you recommend" I laughed, raising my eyebrow.

"A personal favourite would be the blue lagoon" he tutted.

"I'll take one of those then" I hummed, watching as he spun around.

My gaze suddenly moved to Lauren, her perched up on the stool next to me, looking at the menu in her small hands. I scanned over her features, stripes of pink underneath her hair.

"I hope it's not awkward between us" she muttered, meeting my stare.

"why would it be." I sighed, receiving my drink.

"Well I know something happened between you and bill, I don't want to intrude" she smiled.

"Don't make the same mistake I did" I chuckled, wrapping my lips around the blue straw.

"What do you mean?" She questioned.

"Don't fall in love with him, he doesn't understand it. At least with me he never" I tutted, placing my chin onto my hand.

"Maybe he will with me" she shrugged, a grin appearing on her face.

"right" I murmured.

"I mean im not trying to be rude but I can tell bill prefers more laid back women, like me" she assured, tapping her nails against the counter.

"And what am I?" I frowned.

"Come on y/n, I've heard about you. Your clothes, the way you talk, your attitude. It's too much sometimes" she huffed.

"And who are you to judge?" I scowled, turning my body towards her.

"I'm trying to help, you could use it" she winked, jumping off of her stool.

I clenched my fists, my nails digging into my palm. Who does she think she is? That's so disrespectful and she has the audacity to 'hope' it's not awkward between us. What a snob. Just because my style is different doesn't mean it's slutty, i wish people would stop judging me for just a second.

I scrunched up my face before leaving the bar, sipping at my cold beverage. I plopped down next to Chris, Lauren staring at me. I turned my gaze to her, her fingers rubbing at the back of Bill's neck, a smirk on her face. I rolled my eyes as I looked at the stage, a few shirtless men coming out. A fire act was first, the heat warming up the big room..