𝐂𝐨𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐞 𝐩𝐨𝐭.

-11

-11.34am-
I sprung out of bed, Harris sleeping peacefully next to me, my stomach rumbling. I slipped on a soft jumper before heading downstairs, my eyes peering around the kitchen.

"Morning" Sophia hummed, snacking on a piece of toast.

"morning" I yawned.

"So what did you think of that lousy interview?" She snarled, pushing out her hip.

"It was absolute bullshit, I can't be bothered to waste my time talking about it" I shrugged, leaning against the cold counter.

"He's an ass" she taunted.

"Are you doing anything today? I think im going to pop down to the coffee shop, if you wanna join?" I asked, tilting my head.

"Argh I'd love nothing more but I promised to go out with Jordan today" she pouted.

"It's fine, maybe another time?" I smiled, rubbing her arm.

She nodded softly, dusting off her crust filled hands. I shot her a glance before heading back upstairs, craving a cinnamon bun terribly. My gaze fell onto Harris, rubbing his sore eyes, the sun reflecting onto his muscly back.

"I was wondering where you got to" he chuckled, pulling me over.

I snickered lowly, wrapping my arms around his neck. He placed a gentle kiss on my stomach, his messy hair swaying slightly. His eyes moved to my alarm clock, his face dropping.

"Shit!" He groaned, jumping up.

"What's wrong?" I snickered, admiring his abs.

"I've got dinner with my family this afternoon" he tutted.

"awe" I joked, pushing him.

I watched as he struggled, throwing on his clothes from last night, barely catching breath.

"I'll see you soon okay?" He grinned, kissing my forehead.

I nodded as he ran out of the door, almost slipping down the stairs. I pushed up my lips, heading over to my closet, my eyes scanning across the newly bought clothes.

——————
I glanced at myself in the dusty mirror, shoving on my sunglasses, my jewellery banging together. I reached for my bag, shoving my favourite book inside before heading out. I waved Sophia goodbye as I left, my car burning under the low sun, the leather seats pricking my tanned skin.

I started up the engine, the cool breeze rushing into my flustered face. I like America but I do miss Germany, the whole vibe there is different plus it's always boiling here. There's no way I could go back though, not if bill is there. I can't even comprehend what would happen if he saw me again, nothing good. We do get more publicity here, since it's has a bigger population.

I parked up outside the small coffee shop, the savoury scent shooting up my nose as I hopped out. A small bell rang as I walked inside, Mary smiling at my warmly. I sat at my usual table, right in front of the large window, grabbing out my book.

"Good to see you dear, what would you like?" Mary asked, smiling down at me.

"I'll have a cappuccino and a cinnamon bun please" I hummed.

"Coming up!" She insisted, scurrying away.

I let out a low sigh, opening up my recent page.

'He was nothing but a dream, my life being the nightmare that stole his softness. I knew that Tristan would ruin it, the moment I saw his soppy face, his scummy mouth. The lies I kept from my love was for his good, how could one tell him that I had been in a forced marriage? His eyes had never been so low, so dull, as if I had shot him with a burning arrow-'

"Can I sit?" A low voice interrupted, my eyes peering up in annoyance.

I dropped my old book, the pages bending as they hit the bitter floor, my hands frozen in fear. My eyes glossy from the lack of blinking, my mouth bunched up as Mary plopped down my order.

"It's nice to see you love" bill smirked, sitting opposite me.

I scanned over his burn marks, the skin stretched over the redness, his tongue swiping across his dry lips. His tall hair not moving an inch, covering one of his dark eyes. I quickly picked up my book, jumping up from the wooden chair before he grabbed my swaying arm.

"Sit down." He growled, sternly.

I squinted my eyes shut, my lips curling down. My breathing became hitched as I sat down again, gripping my book into my chest. My teary eyes stared back at his, his nude painted nails running across his chin.

"Don't let me stop you from enjoying your coffee." He scoffed, pushing it over.

My shaky hands gripped the hot cup, pouring the burning liquid into my parched mouth, my tongue tingling. Bill snatched the cherry from my cinnamon bun, shoving it into his sharp lips.

"So, how has my princess been?" He whispered, planting his hands together.

"Don't call me that." I huffed.

"Or what? you going to burn me again?" He laughed, tilting his head mockingly.

"Why are you here." I asked.

"To get you, why else?" He tutted, leaning closer to me.

His harsh cologne ran up my sensitive nose, his eyes never leaving me, watching my every move. His leather hand covers crumpled as he tucked my hair, my body too scared to flee.

"I told you, it's over. I have a boyfriend now." I sighed, slouching back.

"Oh y/n, my sweet little girl. You're so stupid." He pouted, shaking his head.

"I'm not your little girl, leave me alone bill." I frowned.

"does Harris know that you think of me when he fucks you?" He winked, playing with his hair.

"I don't. How do you know his name?!" I scowled.

"Don't worry about that sweetheart, just know I'm coming for you and I will get you in the end" he whispered, screeching his chair backwards.

He slowly walked over to me, leaning into my ear as his hand gripped my hair.

"I'll see you very soon" he taunted, kissing my cheek.

I backed away from his grasp, watching as he left the coffee shop, his essence still lingering. My head hung low, staring down into the darkness of the coffee grains..