𝐃𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤.

-𝟏𝟒:𝟑𝟓𝐩𝐦-

-𝟏𝟒:𝟑𝟓𝐩𝐦-

I dragged my sleeve across my face, watching as the crusty blood fell onto my lap, Sophia grabbing cash from the atm across the street. I let out a low sigh, my phone vibrating in the cup holder next to me. My gaze moved to the airport in front of us, the car park packed with people, my lips pushing up slightly. The stinging from my lip worsening, my face in agony.

"Okay I've got it, let's go" Sophia hummed, her voice shaky.

"What's wrong?" I asked, hopping out of the car.

"Bill has been messaging me." She muttered.

"Saying what?" I tutted, grabbing my bags.

She flipped her screen towards me, my brows furrowing.

                                          Bill
13:23pm
"Where the fuck is y/n??"

13:34pm
"When I find you two, you're dead."

13:45pm
"Tell that bitch to answer the phone now"

13:46pm
"Fucking answer me."

14:22pm
"I'm going to find her either way so tell me where she is and I'll let you off."

                                      ————-
"Just ignore him" I scowled, passing her a bag.

She nodded, following behind me as I tossed bills keys into the bin, heading towards the airport. I pulled up my hood, keeping my face low. My eyes darting around, looking for the help centre. Sophia nudged me, pointing her finger to the help desk. My feet quickly scattered across the slippery floor, my eyes meeting the woman's.

"What can I help you girls with?" She smiled, tilting her head.

"Do you have any available seats for America today?" I sighed.

"Today? Hm im not sure, I'll look though" she hummed, checking her laptop.

I chewed at my busted lip, tapping my nails against the counter impatiently. The intense fear building up inside of me, knowing he could come at any moment. Her eyes lit up, turning the screen towards me.

"Looks like we do, two seats right?" She asked.

"Yes please" I tutted, smiling at Sophia.

"Okay that'll be €1200 in total and your flight is at eight" she grinned.

I nodded, pushing my hand out to Sophia as she pulled out the cash. I immediately handed it over, the woman securing our seats before handing our tickets over. I shot a warm smile at her before grabbing a hold of Sophia's arm, leading her to the baggage area. I wish it would've been an earlier flight but it'll have to do, I just hope bill doesn't find us. The safest place to be is here.

————-
I let out a huff, slouching down in the dining booth. Sophia sat opposite me, grabbing a menu.

"What if they find us?" She whispered, her lips curled down.

"If they find us, you go. Just leave me, I don't want you roped into this mess." I groaned.

"So what you get yourself killed? No way." She frowned, her eyebrows raised.

"He won't find us." I assured, waving a waiter over.

I perched up, reciting my order to the tall man, pushing off my hood. Sophia is the only person I have left, if bill finds us I wouldn't wait to give myself up. She deserves more than this, more than this mess. I haven't bothered to look on social media, I doubt it would be anything positive. I just can't believe what's happened in so little time, it never crossed my mind that bill would be capable of such horrific things. He's always seemed so sweet, yet mysterious but I guess that's what he was hiding.

I slid over my glass of cold Coca Cola, sipping some gently as I looked around. My eyes shot up, hearing my name echoing through a crowd ahead. Sophia shot me a concerned look, biting her brittle nails. I winded my eyes seeing bill, his face burnt in multiple places, Tom walking behind him.

"Go under the table" I whispered, nudging Sophia.

"I'm not leaving you." She pouted.

"Just do it!" I yelled, pulling her arm.

She hesitated before doing so, my head hanging low as I pulled up my hood once again. I knew I should've moved his car, stupid mistake to make. I squinted my eyes shut as they came closer, my hands shaking against my glass.

"Excuse me!" Tom screamed, grabbing a waitress.

"Please don't grab me!" She wined.

"Have you seen this girl??" Bill growled, holding up his phone.

I clenched my hands together, her eyes darting over to me, my heart racing.

"Yes, she went that way" she coughed.

"You better not be lying" bill grinned, stomping away.

I let out a deep sigh, looking up at the scared woman, her eyes meeting mine.

"Shall I call security?" She questioned, rubbing her arm.

"please" I sniffled.

She nodded, grabbing her radio, Sophia popping back up. Her tear filled eyes met mine, her body shaking like a scared cat. I held onto her soft hand, hoping to soothe her slightly. His echoes still running through my head like a nightmare, his bitter words never leaving my engraved skin.

-𝟏𝟗:𝟓𝟔𝐩𝐦-
I gently pushed Sophia onto the plane, rushing behind her as fast as my feet could take me. The quiet chatters from passengers running through my mind, the whole world blurred out. I slouched next to Sophia, burrowing my head into the seat.

"What now?" She asked, gazing out of the window.

"We'll figure it out, I promise" I insisted, brushing her messy hair softly.

My hitched breathing never returned to normal, the lingering memories of him still burnt into my head, as if his name was tattooed on my sore skin. The hot jets started, a few cheers flowing down the isles, my lips stuck together. I turned my head slightly, peering down at my cut hands, my eyes glossing over. The overwhelming feeling that it's not over still hanging over me, replacing the old dark cloud. My sheepish tears hit my lap, the gentle breeze that once comforted me now slashing me with its harshness.

Sophia lay her head on my shoulder, rubbing my arm with ease. will this ever end?..