𝐅𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐥.

My low eyes darted across the car park, the pounding in my chest worsening by the minute. Colin shot a glare at me before pulling out his keys, unlocking a jet black limousine, his colleague gently shunting me ahead. I cautiously opened the side door, my lips pushing together harshly. I glanced at the woman, her dark cherry red hair hiding under a hood, glasses plastered to her shadowed face.

I hopped inside, the door being shut after me. The silence almost ate me alive, her long fingers removing the sun glasses before turning to look at me. I let out a small gasp, Beth being in front of me, the only difference being her hair.

"What the fuck?!" I scowled, scanning her perched body.

Her eyes fell low, her soft smile soon fading.

"I know. I don't have much time y/n, there's something you need to know." She whispered.

"No. You need to explain yourself!" I scoffed, crossing my hot arms.

She nodded sheepishly, tilting her body towards me.

"After I left Barcelona bill tried to keep in contact with me, little did he know I had Colin keeping an eye on him. That's when I found out that he had killed Freya and Lauren, Colin dug up some private information on him, as a result he was coming after me next so I had to outsmart him. The only way I could get away with it was if you believed it too, I know it was harsh but I needed to keep an eye on him for your safety." She paused.

She took in a deep breath, pulling out a black folder, my eyes peering down.

"Bill and Harris have been working together for several years now, they've been exchanging information about you. From what I know bill is planning something tomorrow, at the Halloween party." She tutted, pointing at a photo.

I lifted up the thin folder, staring at the blurry picture. The photo was of bill and Harris in an old bar, bill handing over cash. I furrowed my brows, slamming the folder shut.

"This isn't funny. Harris isn't like that, I know him." I gasped.

"he's working for bill! This is all a game and if you don't get out now, Sophia is going to die." She yelled, her lips curled down.

"Why should I believe you? You had sex with bill, lied to me, blackmailed me and faked your death.!?" I snickered, shaking my head.

"Please y/n, I need you to trust me. I'm leaving for France tomorrow, you and Sophia can come with me." She pouted.

"I can take care of her. I've done everything to protect her, not you!" I frowned, pushing her hand away.

"Face the facts, he will never leave you alone. So it's either you give yourself up or Sophia dies aswell. Freya already lost her life because of you!" She screamed, her eyes glossy.

My face suddenly dropped, my brows falling down slowly as I took in her sharp words.

"Me? I never asked for any of this. How dare you!" I sniffled.

"You got what you wanted, him. Now do what's best for everyone and fuck off." She growled, her jaw clenched.

"Go fuck yourself Beth, it was better when you were dead." I muttered, ripping the door open.

She yelled aggressively as I left the heated car, rushing past her spy's. I gently wiped my wet face, ignoring the tight feeling in my throat as I ran. The mall turned a shade blurrier, people passing me in a hurry. I bolted up the stairs, taking in a harsh breath, not wanting to let it bother me.

I turned my soppy gaze to the restaurant, my eyes falling onto Sophia. Her bright smile lit up the room, the dull lights reflecting onto her soft essence.

"There you are!" She chuckled, waving me over.

I squinted my eyes shut for a moment, walking into the empty space. I slid into the small booth, the red leather biting at my sore skin. Harris passed over a cup of fries, his smile printing onto my face.

"What did they want?" He asked, rubbing my shoulder.

"They were asking if I knew anything about Beth's death." I murmured.

"Oh I'm sorry" he hummed, kissing my cheek.

I let out a low sigh, pushing a fry into the ketchup cup, my mouth drying up. This is all so chaotic, every time something ends another thing happens. I'll forever blame myself for Freya death, that's undeniable however I could never admit it. She was my best friend, how could I not hold the guilt and shame? I can't let Beth's viscous lies ruin my life, not again. From now on I'll believe what I see, Harris wouldn't hurt me not after everything that I've been through.

I slouched back, resting my tired head on Harris's broad shoulder, my heavy eyes stinging.

-16:35pm-
I let out a loud laugh, Sophia panting as she spat out a hot pepper, her face red.

"I told you!" I mocked, grabbing the salt.

"It burns!" She cried, shaking her head aggressively.

I snickered lowly, seasoning the mince meat as she panted about next to me. The up beat music played above us, the cool breeze rushing in from outside. Quiet splashes from the garden could be heard, Harris and Jordan enjoying the cold pool.

"Can I ask you a question?" I sighed.

"Of course" she nodded, sipping on a glass of water.

"Do you blame me for Freya's death?" I asked.

"No? Why would I? It's not your fault someone broke into bills room, although I still don't understand what she was doing there." She huffed, tilting her head.

"Oh yeah." I muttered, pushing my lips up.

"Stop stressing! Life's good" she hummed, throwing some peppers into our meat.

I agreed, swatting away the steam that flew up into my face as I cooked our dinner. My gaze turned to the small carved pumpkin on our counter, a soft smile appearing on my glossy lips..